Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
SAli_KSA said:
Hi Canadamylove,

Really nice to read your posts, please keep up the good and do share your Canadian experience with us as you get to know Canada.

I am also concerned about how to bring money to Canada from Saudi ? Do not know if it is a good to make a draft?
Did they sign/stamp the declaration form of your Cash Money at toronto Airport. I am also planing to settle near Toronto.

Thanks
u found it helpful I m glad.

buddy I bought 38000 cad dollars in cash from Pakistan.....with lots of tension and fear due to local behavior of customs and FIA.

from Saudi I don't think so there would be any problem. buddy the best thing to bring as cash is u just have to put it in bank, no waiting for drafts to clear or any other hassle.

else u can bring in drafts and cheques also.

they didn't demanded any declaration of money from me, they just mentioned how much I was carrying on my COPR. that's it. nor did they asked me for forms B4 or B4A or any money declaration froms or anything.

good luck.

LHE PK

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
September 2014
Med's Done....
September 2014
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
PPR1 Feb 15 PPR 2 March 15
VISA ISSUED...
April 15
LANDED..........
June 15 InshaAllah
siamu said:
So you...

...bribed,

...stole money from the airlines,

...circumvented regulations,

...lied,

...broke laws.

And you keep saying "alhadulillah"

What kind of a *censored word*ty Allah do YOU pray to? You should be deeply ashamed that you bribed, jumped other people, stole money, and have the gumption to drag Allah into all of this. Despicable. I mean, break all the laws you want, but don't bring god into it.
@ Siamu I stand by your side. I just want to add for all of honorable members that if they did something which was bad just don't mention Alhumdulillah with that thing. because if you have no option and forced to do a bad thing at least some one should feel in heart that it was bad and this is the least we can do.
Yes this forum is for getting info and experience sharing not to judge anybody but as a muslim we are duty bound of ANIL BIL Maroof Wa Nahi ANIL MUnkar. May Allah Guide us all towards right path. Aameen.

Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

need your help.

I am a landed immigrant currently living outside Canada. I landed in 2013 and got my PR card also. I am planning to migrate permanently in July this year.

Question is I think i mentioned some CAD 20-50K may be in my COPR (don't have copy of it) when I landed. I am in UAE ever since and I am now having quite more than what i initially mentioned. would it all be taxable now?

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
rajeshkmotwani said:
Hi guys,

need your help.

I am a landed immigrant currently living outside Canada. I landed in 2013 and got my PR card also. I am planning to migrate permanently in July this year.

Question is I think i mentioned some CAD 20-50K may be in my COPR (don't have copy of it) when I landed. I am in UAE ever since and I am now having quite more than what i initially mentioned. would it all be taxable now?
If you are talking about traveling with that money than be sure to review the CBSA rules which will require you to declare amount in excess to 10,000 CAD
Since you already have landed, all the income(local or foreign) you generated after that date is taxable by law, whether you bring that money into Canada or not. Talk to a qualified tax lawyer for your options in managing this.

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
canadamylove said:
u found it helpful I m glad.

buddy I bought 38000 cad dollars in cash from Pakistan.....with lots of tension and fear due to local behavior of customs and FIA.

from Saudi I don't think so there would be any problem. buddy the best thing to bring as cash is u just have to put it in bank, no waiting for drafts to clear or any other hassle.

else u can bring in drafts and cheques also.

they didn't demanded any declaration of money from me, they just mentioned how much I was carrying on my COPR. that's it. nor did they asked me for forms B4 or B4A or any money declaration froms or anything.

good luck.
CBSA may not ask for B4/B4a forms but it's in traveler's own benefit to have them signed and stamped, especially if someone is having goods to follow. In absence of a signed Goods to Follow list, any shipment that will arrive later in Canada will be subject to duty and taxes.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
canvis2006 said:
You can give Canadian address (if you have) to immigration when landing, so they can mail your card to that address.
If your friend/family in Canada can courier your card to you to Pakistan, it can be ok or have someone carry it if someone is going to Pak.
Ensure they keep a copy of it.

There is no need to tell them you're coming in for short landing. By law, you are allowed to leave even the next day or same evening!
CBSA will not cancel or do anything bad.
You can always call CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 and speak to agent to update PR Card address (from within Canada).

Yes, it is perfectly legal to courier PR Card outside Canada. It's very normal. I've sent it to Europe for family so personal experience here.
Not sure why some members are spreading fear or saying it is illegal.
Thanks alot dear for your detailed response. :)

emanresu

Feb 24, 2015
ZRM said:
Hi,

Buddy emirates or sasti hogai hay. It's not around 85-86k. Chk flights fr end of May. I just chkd today. :D

++

Turkish is offering 71.6k fr 1st June and ard. 72.5k (not sure of exact amount) on 31st May. Contact thr ofc near Karachi Press Club. Airport numbers are not picked by anyone. U will get frustrated by calling them.
I would really appreciate if someone could share their experience of travelling with Turkish Airlines (from Karachi to Toronto) as compare to Emirates as I am quite puzzled because of the difference in price for both the airlines? Thanking in advancae

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
emanresu said:
I would really appreciate if someone could share their experience of travelling with Turkish Airlines (from Karachi to Toronto) as compare to Emirates as I am quite puzzled because of the difference in price for both the airlines? Thanking in advancae
It offers the same baggage allowance as other airlines.
Members of our family recently traveled on Turkish from Islamabad to Toronto via Istanbul, service was good. Luggage allowance is same as Qatar, Emirates,Etihad, etc. (Halal food is served on Turkish Airlines flights.)
I believe it is per person 2 x 23kgs checked baggage in economy.

Go with whichever is cheapest for you. Middle Eastern airlines are all pretty much the same in economy...Probably Turkish has more frequency to Toronto from Istanbul....compared to Emirates/Etihad which serve Toronto 3-times weekly each

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi everyone...

Thanks to Allah Almighty, i have received my MR on 30-04-2015
My timeline is on left...

Visa office asked for following:
1. updated and accurately completed Schedule A forms for you and your spouse **questions 8 and 12 of the Schedule A form must be completed from age 18 to the current date and must not show any gaps in the dates. We are aware that the wording of these questions asks for details for the last 10 years, however, this office requires these questions to be completed from age 18. Please note that the details in questions 8 and 12 must correspond. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.

We also require the following to be sent to this office within the next 30 days:
-medical examination results for you and your family **instructions will be emailed to you separately. A separate form will be sent for each person.
-UAE police certificate for you
-updated Pakistan police certificates for you and your spouse
-Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please email a copy of the receipt to us, if you choose to pay the fee online. If you are able to, we recommend you pay by this method, as it is a much faster and more efficient process**

Can experienced persons please advise me the process and steps involved for completing each requirement... I would be really grateful for your advises...

- Also how much further time it will take for passport requests? Does MR means that verification completed and this is final requirement or they can ask for further documents again?

maha shahzad

Star Member
Apr 30, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2014
Nomination.....
22 sept 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 december 2014
Med's Done....
7th jan 2015
Interview........
rprf ,pcc, ppr1..........5th january 2015, SUBMITTED ON 2nd feb 2015
Passport Req..
23rd feb 2015 ,pp sent 9th march
VISA ISSUED...
21 march 2015
LANDED..........
15 July 2015
Aoa forumite....,

i hope all r doing well.
this thread seems to be inactive ,
I have a query, how to carry dinner set to canada??? My sis is insisting to bring it to canada, but i fear it will get broken......

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
LHE PK said:
@ Siamu I stand by your side. I just want to add for all of honorable members that if they did something which was bad just don't mention Alhumdulillah with that thing. because if you have no option and forced to do a bad thing at least some one should feel in heart that it was bad and this is the least we can do.
Yes this forum is for getting info and experience sharing not to judge anybody but as a muslim we are duty bound of ANIL BIL Maroof Wa Nahi ANIL MUnkar. May Allah Guide us all towards right path. Aameen.
see buddy keep your anil maroof munkir thing with yourself and mind your on business. I m again saying I m not here to get reviews or critics what I did and what I didn't.

if anyone is not comfortable with it then please do not waste your time here to even read this sh-it stuff.......yes its sh-it for u.......so just go and do something imp in your life......something like anil maroof thing.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
pk2ca said:
CBSA may not ask for B4/B4a forms but it's in traveler's own benefit to have them signed and stamped, especially if someone is having goods to follow. In absence of a signed Goods to Follow list, any shipment that will arrive later in Canada will be subject to duty and taxes.
buddy I showed my all forms to that officer.........he said if goods to follow contains only house hold items then the forms doesn't needs to be stamped..........but if there is anything dutiable then u will have to pay for it.

I said so whats proof that I will be allowed my goods without duty? he smiled and said let it come, we will check everything before releasing and then we will see which items are dutiable or taxable. however u must import ur goods within 12 months time period cos after that even the non taxable items will be taxed!

I asked so goods must be imported within one year......what if I don't get settled in one year then where I will get my goods? he said its ur problem but mostly people get settled in 4 to 6 months..........so its your call.

now this is my experience........people can have different. I m just sharing for information.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
maha shahzad said:
Aoa forumite....,

i hope all r doing well.
this thread seems to be inactive ,
I have a query, how to carry dinner set to canada??? My sis is insisting to bring it to canada, but i fear it will get broken......
please yaar............don't bring crockery...........here are very good Corelle sets made in usa and really cheap.........utnay ka he par jayega jitna aap waha se purchase karke pack karke layengi and upper se tootnay ka khatra alag!

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
Alhamdulillah thanks All Mighty Allah, All parises to HIM only which only HE deserves and by grace of prayers of my parents

proudly announcing.........

I have successfully secured a Job on May 6th 2015, with the largest company of whole north America in energy and gas sector.......Just Energy.

that also less than one month of my landing!

again thanks to Allah and HIS Blessings......many many Praises to the LORD of lords......The ALl Powerful and Most Merciful!