Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
As far as recent reports from friends etc who traveled on PIA to Toronto, they all said the service was fine.
I know PIA tries its best to keep its New York and Toronto flights on time pretty much, 1-2 hours delay is nothing.

If an aircraft experiences technical faults, etc, for sure there will be delays. This can happen to any airline. It happened with us on Air Canada we were delayed 12 hours on our journey despite it being a big airline compared to PIA.

Luggage allowances are the SAME for all airlines operating to Canada - for economy you get 2 x 23kgs checked baggage per ticket.....more than that you have to pay, etc. The advantage with PIA is that you don't have to worry about getting off/on in middle east, going thru security lines and checking again, etc. And the timing is alright from Pakistan(not in the middle of the night or extra early morning).

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
And if you guys are worried about how to bring settlement funds, you can do $5000 per person cash, and the rest in demand draft or traveler cheques, whichever you bank can recommend.
Remember you have to be able to show settlement funds (Immigration Canada officer can ask to see/verify) so do not take a risk here. And it's important to have cash in the first few days because the bank drafts etc can take time to clear....

At the airport in Canada you should be processed quickly (depending on the arrivals at airport), since they have separate sections for newcomers processing. You will be processed at first entry point (such as Toronto, Montreal) and then proceed to connecting domestic flight, if connecting.

After being a PR, you will still need USA Visa to visit USA. (Find a stable job and do it for 6+ months before you apply so money is not wasted.)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ZRM said:
Hey, any idea how much a bachelor apartment both furnished and unfurnished will cost for two ppl?

What will be the cost to buy sm basic stuff fr an unfurnished apartment?
depending on the location, you're looking at around 900 to 1000 or so for a 1-bedroom.
Suggestion = Don't get the batchelor apartment, as it does not have a bedroom.....sometimes privacy is needed so bedroom is good to have.

DO NOT pick up used furniture, there is a bedbug problem in many places.......ALWAYS buy NEW.
Otherwise you will infest whole apartment and its not easy to get rid because here everything is wood inside so its easy for them to survive

Check Viewit.ca for prices/pictures, etc. Kijiji is a good website to search for residency too.

Avoid some areas like Jane/Finch, in Toronto etc as its more dangerous due to crime.
I suggest areas such as Thorncliffe Park Drive, or near Victoria Park Avenue/Danforth area as I've lived here and its pretty good.
Scarborough in general is good for newcomer Pakistani families.

Downtown is useless, congested, don't rent there as its also expensive and lack of many grocery stores.

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
i am not against PIA...just sharing the observation.

guys don't book PIA for Toronto.

today's fight was called back after 2 hours of flying. I don't know what was the reason but they called it back......its landed back at Karachi airport and passengers still inside plane.

normally PIA is getting delayed everyday by at least 8 to 12 hours from Karachi. morning 9 am flight normally takes off at around 2 pm daily.

please do research and then book flight........just don't get stuck in web by seeing savings of some thousand rupees or direct flight. its not worth if it delays like this or lands back. in last 3 months it was cancelled 6 times and merged with next day flight.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Allah Ka Shukar hai , I have finally landed in Toronto , last night.

I passed through all formalities / procedures that every one has complied , any how my immigration took some time , as immigration staff was concerned / confused about Two Valid Canadian Visas on my passport.

At first they were not able to find / locate my Immigrant Visa , and after that have taken an hour and a half to figure out why my passport has two visas . Immigration officer asked me why Business visa is valid , I responded , I have no authority to cancel my self any visa issued on my passport its better if he could contact department and seek clarifications on this , any how , after this with a big smile he completed all formalities with in 15 minutes or so , and permitted me to leave with a smile and welcome to Canada note , never asked about any funds etc.

At Customs , Goods to Follow list along with currency declaration form was required to be submitted / filled , and this was completed in 15 minutes , I beleive.

I dropped my luggage at my rented apartment , and am staying with my sister , in Cosburn area. Suffering from Flue / Throat infection , and fatigue due to travelling and unrest back home.

In Sha Allah will get my SIN , Telephone Connection and Bank Account tomorrow.

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
canvis2006 said:
As far as recent reports from friends etc who traveled on PIA to Toronto, they all said the service was fine.
I know PIA tries its best to keep its New York and Toronto flights on time pretty much, 1-2 hours delay is nothing.

If an aircraft experiences technical faults, etc, for sure there will be delays. This can happen to any airline. It happened with us on Air Canada we were delayed 12 hours on our journey despite it being a big airline compared to PIA.

Luggage allowances are the SAME for all airlines operating to Canada - for economy you get 2 x 23kgs checked baggage per ticket.....more than that you have to pay, etc. The advantage with PIA is that you don't have to worry about getting off/on in middle east, going thru security lines and checking again, etc. And the timing is alright from Pakistan(not in the middle of the night or extra early morning).
Dear Mates

PIA is the best , as is non stop and direct , landing time is also good , as lands at noon here.

Stay Blessed

nave2014

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-12-2014 processing started
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah soon!
LANDED..........
08-05-2015
canadamylove said:
yes beside a carry on luggage of 7 kg u can carry a separate bag for laptop or ladies purse.

normally we don't carry exactly 7 kg in carry on luggage......we carry up to 10 kg :D

u can carry either a laptop in a separate bag or a ladies purse or simply a small bag or cross bag or back pack.......which must not exceed 3 kg. because it is understood and expected that a laptop with charger weighs around 2.5 to 3 kg.......so if u r not carrying laptop then still u can carry a bag and anything inside it like cloths or anything......but must not exceed 3 kg.
are u really sure cause.........i chked the emirates website http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator.aspx

and found this :
Economy Class customers are permitted one piece of carry-on baggage, either a handbag or laptop bag, that may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20cm) and must weigh no more than 15lb (7kg).
plz cross chk this info for cabin baggage i am confused too.

ZRM

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2014
Doc's Request.
With application
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2014
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
26-Aug-2014
Med's Request
28-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
11-Dec-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-Dec-2014 (Abu Dhabi) & 13-Jan-2015 (Islamabad)
VISA ISSUED...
29-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2015
msaeed said:
Allah Ka Shukar hai , I have finally landed in Toronto , last night.

I passed through all formalities / procedures that every one has complied , any how my immigration took some time , as immigration staff was concerned / confused about Two Valid Canadian Visas on my passport.

At first they were not able to find / locate my Immigrant Visa , and after that have taken an hour and a half to figure out why my passport has two visas . Immigration officer asked me why Business visa is valid , I responded , I have no authority to cancel my self any visa issued on my passport its better if he could contact department and seek clarifications on this , any how , after this with a big smile he completed all formalities with in 15 minutes or so , and permitted me to leave with a smile and welcome to Canada note , never asked about any funds etc.

At Customs , Goods to Follow list along with currency declaration form was required to be submitted / filled , and this was completed in 15 minutes , I beleive.

I dropped my luggage at my rented apartment , and am staying with my sister , in Cosburn area. Suffering from Flue / Throat infection , and fatigue due to travelling and unrest back home.

In Sha Allah will get my SIN , Telephone Connection and Bank Account tomorrow.

Stay Blessed
Quick question. Did u fill currency form here in Pakistan or it was provided to u at Canadian airport?

Khizar

Feb 1, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
Nomination.....
23-10-2013
IELTS Request
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Request
01-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-01-2015 ( Submitted on 23-01-2015 )
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2015 ( Passport(s) Received )
LANDED..........
27-04-2015 Inn Shaa Allah
winni9929 said:
Congratulation Khizar......have a save journey.....
Thanks allott winni :)

Khizar

Feb 1, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
Nomination.....
23-10-2013
IELTS Request
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Request
01-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nave2014 said:
hello khizar congratz on ur booking i am also planning to fly via emirates khi to regina May 1 week kindly stay in touch as u will be landing first plz share ur experience with us also i wud like to know are we allowed to carry laptops in addition to the 7kg cabin baggage and a ladies hand bag? and another thing are u taking cartons or suitcases? thanx in advance for ur replies .
Thats reallyy good that u will also plan to go in regina we will definitely meet there Insha Allah .. and yes laptops are allowed but not in addition laptop's weight also included in 7 kg cabin baggage .. and ladies hand bags are in addition but i am not confirmed i will ask the officer about ladies hand bag before departure ..! and i will take suitcases as well as bags not cartons :)

Khizar

Feb 1, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
Nomination.....
23-10-2013
IELTS Request
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Request
01-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canadamylove said:
Bhai bohot bohot Mubarak ho..........have a safe landing. inshAllah we will meet in Toronto. good luck and all the best.

meri taraf se ye A380 aapka hua.......aur aik parked A380 Toronto airport per wo bhi aapka hua :D

Thank u so much mery bhai :D inn shaa Allah we will surely meet in toronto ..! buht buht shukriya is A380 k liye :p ab me isay emirates ko rent py de dunga :D hahaha

Khizar

Feb 1, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
Nomination.....
23-10-2013
IELTS Request
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Request
01-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
faisi said:
AOA Janab, Kaisy ho app ? Thank u for your advice :) u been a very supportive guy here :D

Finally, I am flying on 13 May with Turkish Airline from Lahore, INSHA ALLAH. I don't think, any one will be flying on same date from lahore coz I don't see any Lahori on this forum. Probably they r silent spectators ;D.
Congratulations faisal :)
Shukar Alhamdulillah that u choose turkish airline rather than PIA :D

Muzammil2050

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
ZRM said:
Quick question. Did u fill currency form here in Pakistan or it was provided to u at Canadian airport?
AOA Friends,

I stopped my account and requested for a deletion. Today again I retrieved my account and Sign-in. Forum is going interested as FB.

Friends our flight is after tomorrow. I and my friend Rashid is ready to fly. Karachi is our Mohsin city. We have studied here and worked for few years.

Friends, make a good plan for your landing. The landing plan is the plan which starts after landing till at least one year of landing. List of items, airline booking, luggage, buying a patela, pilow and cosmatics are not a part of any planning. It is just begining of your travelling. Most of the time you will be sleeping in the aeroplan. The real plan will began after the plane.

Not all Aunty, Uncle, firend or cusions will be so helpful for you in real.

What is your plan? What is your plan for next one year?

Did you collect all the details of your higher education. i.e. list of outcomes of your degrees, syllabus details. References from your last institution attended. (In case if you want to improve your skills and education).

Do you have certification in your area of expertise. If not, did you make a plan for it? if yes, did you match them with the list of professions available in Canada?

Have you register with any professional body in Canada yet?

Many more things needed......

Anything for my information, please feel free to share.

Warm wishes

Muz

mea.hassi

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th may 2014