+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

faisal06

Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys,
Do I need a PPC from the cities me and my wife studied? The duration of the studies is more than 6 months for that city.
Plus since my wife is from another city so does she need a PCC from her birth city? She will also require a PCC from the city she's been living in after marriage, right?

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Hi guys,
Do I need a PPC from the cities me and my wife studied? The duration of the studies is more than 6 months for that city.
Plus since my wife is from another city so does she need a PCC from her birth city? She will also require a PCC from the city she's been living in after marriage, right?
The answer to all your questions is yes.

Reactions: faisal06

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys,
No, go through the thread again. I have mentioned this a number of times. You don't need PCC from city of your studies.

For question 2, yes, she will need a pre and post marriage PCC.

Go through the thread to get the answer to your questions. I have answered this question in detail many times.

faisal06

Sep 21, 2020
No, go through the thread again. I have mentioned this a number of times. You don't need PCC from city of your studies.

For question 2, yes, she will need a pre and post marriage PCC.

Go through the thread to get the answer to your questions. I have answered this question in detail many times.
Are you sure about no PCC from cities where one has studied? Bcz I've seen it at many places that a PCC is required for any place where you've stayed longer than 6 months irrespective of your role in the city (i.e., job or study).
If no PCC is required for study cities then do we mention that study time period in the other PCC's?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Ok, let me clarify this again for the individuals who are concerned about this understandably confusing issue.

You should get PCC made only for the permanent addresses on your ID card. As far as I remember in Pakistan the FIR is registered against NIC and also shows up in the police station records of the place shown as permanent address (at least that is what my understanding was). So if you have changed permanent address multiple times in your NIC then go ahead and mention all those addresses. Otherwise just make one with your permanent address.

I hope that clears the confusion.

P.S yes, I got my PR and had to agonize over this same issue when submitting my documents
Had to do a lot of research.
This is the basic principle.

I am from Karachi, but studied in Lahore and mentioned in my profile.

Only submitted PCC for my permanent address in Karachi while in education showed I was studying in Lahore at that time. Worked perfectly fine.

The FIR in Pakistan is linked to your NIC and the permanent address on your NIC. So if you had multiple permanent addresses that showed up on your NIC then have the PCC made for all of the. Otherwise just have it for the one permanent address that you have been carrying on your NIC.

faisal06

Sep 21, 2020
This is the basic principle.

I am from Karachi, but studied in Lahore and mentioned in my profile.

Only submitted PCC for my permanent address in Karachi while in education showed I was studying in Lahore at that time. Worked perfectly fine.

The FIR in Pakistan is linked to your NIC and the permanent address on your NIC. So if you had multiple permanent addresses that showed up on your NIC then have the PCC made for all of the. Otherwise just have it for the one permanent address that you have been carrying on your NIC.
Got it, thanks for clearing it.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
Hi Guys,
I have a question and I will appreciate if someone with experience can provide some feedback.
I am a Pakistani but born and brought up in Kuwait.
Since I turned 18, I have never been in Pakistan for a consecutive period of 6 months. I stayed in Pak for a period of 1 year when my age was 5-6 years old.
I have visited Pak for vacation or family visits only (no visit of more than 6 months).
Do I need a POC from Pakistan?
Although I haven't stayed there for more than 6 months, I am not sure if there is a requirement for get a PCC for country of citizenship.
I don't have any family in Pakistan which means getting a PCC is difficult (for logistical reasons only) and hence wanted to see if the Pak PCC was really required.
I would appreciate if someone could shed some light.
Thanks.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question and I will appreciate if someone with experience can provide some feedback.
Since I turned 18, I have never been in Pakistan for a consecutive period of 6 months. I stayed in Pak for a period of 1 year when my age was 5-6 years old.
I have visited Pak for vacation or family visits only (no visit of more than 6 months).
Although I haven't stayed there for more than 6 months, I am not sure if there is a requirement for get a PCC for country of citizenship.
I don't have any family in Pakistan which means getting a PCC is difficult (for logistical reasons only) and hence wanted to see if the Pak PCC was really required.
Thanks.
Hi
At what age you stayed for one year in pak?
If its before you turned 18 then it shouldnt be a problem

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Guys,
Thanks.
Depends what your age is currently. If you are 28 years old or above, you need to provide pcc for the last 10 years, however, if you are less than 28 years of age, you'll need to provide a pcc starting from the age of 18. So, in both scenarios you don't have to provide a pcc drom Pakistan for the age less than 18 years. Hope this helps.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Guys,
Thanks.
I am not sure in your case. If you are a citizen of a country you are generally expected to provide the PCC for that country unless you can give concrete reasons for not providing the same.

Do you have a NICOP? NIC for overseas pakistanis?

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
I am not sure in your case. If you are a citizen of a country you are generally expected to provide the PCC for that country unless you can give concrete reasons for not providing the same.

Do you have a NICOP? NIC for overseas pakistanis?
I do have a NICOP but the embassy in Kuwait wouldn't help. They only point out that I must send a blood relative in Pakistan with a power of attorney to collect the certificate from the police station. My blood relatives are also overseas pakistanis to further add to the complications.

Additionally, since all of my visits to Pak have been for less than 6 months, what period of stay am I supposed to request the PCC for?

I see your point about the country of citizenship PCC but what if someone was born to Pakistani parents and never visited Pak? There are a few cases like that (that I know of). I am actually trying to establish principally whether someone like me (who does not meet the consecutive 6 month requirement criteria) requires to obtain a PCC from country of citizenship just because it is my country of citizenship?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I do have a NICOP but the embassy in Kuwait wouldn't help. They only point out that I must send a blood relative in Pakistan with a power of attorney to collect the certificate from the police station. My blood relatives are also overseas pakistanis to further add to the complications.

Additionally, since all of my visits to Pak have been for less than 6 months, what period of stay am I supposed to request the PCC for?

I see your point about the country of citizenship PCC but what if someone was born to Pakistani parents and never visited Pak? There are a few cases like that (that I know of). I am actually trying to establish principally whether someone like me (who does not meet the consecutive 6 month requirement criteria) requires to obtain a PCC from country of citizenship just because it is my country of citizenship?
Yes, I believe there are some cases like yours which is why I said you need to provide a "good reason" for not being able to furnish the PCC. But I don't think know if there is a principle that IRCC uses to determine this. IRCC usually is the most strict about the PCC and they take a case by case approach in such situations. In your case you can maybe show some written communication (if it exists) between you and Pak embassy about blood relations and then explain in your LOE that all your blood relations have migrated so you are unable to get the PCC. Which would be the truth and probably a convincing explanation as well.

UsmanM

Sep 16, 2020
Hey guys,

I’ve lived in two locations. From birth till 2012 in Sahiwal (this location is registered on my CNIC). I moved to Lahore in 2012 and have stayed here till date (this address is not mentioned on CNIC). I’m applying for a study permit and the address on my Letter of Acceptance is Lahore. I’ve been advised by my consultant to produce two PCCs, one for my stay in Sahiwal and the other in Lahore. I wanted to ask if it is possible to get a PCC for an address that is not registered on the CNIC, and if yes, what additional documents (utility bills? property documents?) does one need to attach for verification of address