+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, can anyone clear my doubt on following:

I lived in Islamabad till 2014, I moved to U.A.E after that I visited Pakistan only twice for a week each visit.

Now I understand that I need to get my PCC from 18 years till the time of stay in a address, but do I also need certificate for those two visits to Pakistan which was only for 7 days each visit?
No just get once certificate from Pakistan and one from UAE.

obi007

Jun 18, 2019
Hi everyone,
I need some help regarding my PCC for PR application.

Case:
1989 to 2009 - lived in Pakistan
2009 to 2014 - lived in UK
2014 to Present - living in Pakistan

My first PR application was rejected because my PCC had only 2014 to present date written on it, whereas I was 19 at the age when I left Pakistan in 2009.
so now I have updated my PCC and included my initial years in Pakistan i.e. 1989 to 2009.
I visited Pakistan twice during my stay in UK.

my Question is:
Do I have to mention these vocational trips in Personal address history?
And do I have to mention these dates on my PCC ?

Thanks

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hello so it is still confusing what to do if you are from Pakistan? can some one answer these questions regarding PCC?

1- Do we need to get police certificate of all the addresses we stayed on in Pakistan in the last 10 years? or just get it for the permanent address that is mentioned on our identity Card?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hello so it is still confusing what to do if you are from Pakistan? can some one answer these questions regarding PCC?

1- Do we need to get police certificate of all the addresses we stayed on in Pakistan in the last 10 years? or just get it for the permanent address that is mentioned on our identity Card?
if u lived in different cities in last 10 years then yes u have to get it from all the addresses, if u lived in the same city but diff addresses then ur permanent address from that city

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
if u lived in different cities in last 10 years then yes u have to get it from all the addresses, if u lived in the same city but diff addresses then ur permanent address from that city
THANKS for the clarification. one more question... my wife is in lahore since last 10 years but went for a year and a half to karachi for her MBA . does she need a PCC from Karachi for that duration as well?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Ok, let me clarify this again for the individuals who are concerned about this understandably confusing issue.

You should get PCC made only for the permanent addresses on your ID card. As far as I remember in Pakistan the FIR is registered against NIC and also shows up in the police station records of the place shown as permanent address (at least that is what my understanding was). So if you have changed permanent address multiple times in your NIC then go ahead and mention all those addresses. Otherwise just make one with your permanent address.

I hope that clears the confusion.

P.S yes, I got my PR and had to agonize over this same issue when submitting my documents
Had to do a lot of research.

Reactions: ammad88

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
THANKS for the clarification. one more question... my wife is in lahore since last 10 years but went for a year and a half to karachi for her MBA . does she need a PCC from Karachi for that duration as well?
I had a similar situation. I was a resident with permanent residence in Karachi and went to Lahore for about 6 years of my stay. However, since my permanent residence was Karachi, I just submitted the Karachi PCC.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
One last thing, for married folks, it is important to remember that your spouse may need 2 PCC. First, before marriage and the other after of they've changed their address.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
I had a similar situation. I was a resident with permanent residence in Karachi and went to Lahore for about 6 years of my stay. However, since my permanent residence was Karachi, I just submitted the Karachi PCC.
Absolutely true. The first question any pCC issuing body will ask is "shanakhti card ka address dikhaein". The address city on the id card is where your pcc will be made from.

They do have federal records that will indicate if you are involved in anything against the law.

Reactions: smash1984

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
One last thing, for married folks, it is important to remember that your spouse may need 2 PCC. First, before marriage and the other after of they've changed their address.
So here is a situation please help me solve it

Before marriage my wife's id card had address of city X
she spent most of her time in city Y for her education and work
now after marriage her id card changed and the address is mentioned of city Y

In this case she needs 2 PCC
One for city x and 1 for city y ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So here is a situation please help me solve it

Before marriage my wife's id card had address of city X
she spent most of her time in city Y for her education and work
now after marriage her id card changed and the address is mentioned of city Y

In this case she needs 2 PCC
One for city x and 1 for city y ?
Correct.

Of course the assumption is that she moved with you and you weren't a "ghar damaad". In which case you might require 2 :p

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Correct.

Of course the assumption is that she moved with you and you weren't a "ghar damaad". In which case you might require 2 :p
lol offcourse i am not :) ... but if the address on her last ID card was of city x but she spent most of her time in city Y even before marriage .. in that case she needs PCC of her permanent address of city x or city Y where she spent most of her time?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
lol offcourse i am not :) ... but if the address on her last ID card was of city x but she spent most of her time in city Y even before marriage .. in that case she needs PCC of her permanent address of city x or city Y where she spent most of her time?
She needs the permanent address of her last I'd card even if she spent more time in city Y. So she needs one for city X and not city Y.

Buraira

May 3, 2017
Dear All,

I have a question on which your guidance is needed.

On my CNIC, my present address is the address when I moved to Lahore at the age of 17. I am no longer living on that address. My CNIC has this address because I used to live on rent at this address at the age of 18 when the CNIC was made.

My permanent address is of Sahiwal where I used to live at the age of 17. My CNIC doesn't have the main address where I am currently residing from the last 10 years. After the age of 18, I moved to this address.

Note: My employment contract also has the present address on which I used to live, the rental one in Lahore.

In order to get a PCC, do I need to change both my present or permanent address to my current address or should I just change the permanent address and leave the present address (the rental one) because I lived there more than 6 months. Both the present and current addresses are in Lahore.

Please guide..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Dear All,

I have a question on which your guidance is needed.

On my CNIC, my present address is the address when I moved to Lahore at the age of 17. I am no longer living on that address. My CNIC has this address because I used to live on rent at this address at the age of 18 when the CNIC was made.

My permanent address is of Sahiwal where I used to live at the age of 17. My CNIC doesn't have the main address where I am currently residing from the last 10 years. After the age of 18, I moved to this address.

Note: My employment contract also has the present address on which I used to live, the rental one in Lahore.

In order to get a PCC, do I need to change both my present or permanent address to my current address or should I just change the permanent address and leave the present address (the rental one) because I lived there more than 6 months. Both the present and current addresses are in Lahore.

Please guide..

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure I understand all your back and forth between addresses. You were basically Raja rental for all this time, living on rent somewhere else :p.

No need to complicate things. Just get your PCC made for the permanent addresses.

Btw, this also means that when you mention your address history in your EE profile you just mention the permanent addresses.

Since any addresses mentioned in your address history will likely require a PCC.