+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
wait, aren't we supposed to provide police certificates since the time we turned 18?

I am getting my certificates made since I was 18 (which was back in 2002)

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Salam guys,

What to do in this case please.
City A (on ID card, mentioned as permanent and temporary address) lived from birth to 2006
City B: lived from 2006 - 2013 for education and job.
In 2013 moved to middle east and still living in middle east. On vocations visiting City A.

Distance between City A and B is 180KM. Should i mention that i lived only in City A and get PCC for City A only.

Will there be any issue or misrepresentation , please advise .

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
My wife have two cities in her address history.
City A before marriage
City B after marraige

I got PCC for both cities , in City B they mentioned stay of my wife since birth , its overlapping with the City A dates.

Is it fine or not please advise ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have the same issue, also have overlap in wife PCC. It should be fine IMO. No time period should be missing is what my understanding is.

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Salam guys,

What to do in this case please.
City A (on ID card, mentioned as permanent and temporary address) lived from birth to 2006
City B: lived from 2006 - 2013 for education and job.
In 2013 moved to middle east and still living in middle east. On vocations visiting City A.

Distance between City A and B is 180KM. Should i mention that i lived only in City A and get PCC for City A only.

Will there be any issue or misrepresentation , please advise .

There are two ways to go about it. You can do both. Some people are of the opinion that you just need one PCC from Pakistan provided it covers all the period from the time you turned 18 or past 10 years. But the safe way would be to get PCC for both the cities since you have to mention the cities for your educational institutes and your job. Personally, I would recommend you to go for 2 PCCs. Regarding the vacations things, you will have to get PCC from city A with date after the last time you visited.

Reactions: seeramzan

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
My wife have two cities in her address history.
City A before marriage
City B after marraige

I got PCC for both cities , in City B they mentioned stay of my wife since birth , its overlapping with the City A dates.

Is it fine or not please advise ?

They did the same thing with me. Just ask them to change it. Just try to make everything as streamlined as possible.

Reactions: seeramzan

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have stayed only in Karachi since my birth. My temporary and permanent address are also that of Karachi. I have shifted homes 4-5 times since I turned 18. Do I need to mention all these addresses on PCC, or would a more generalized PCC mentioning that he is living in Karachi since birth and has no criminal record would suffice?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Just have a PCC made on your permanent address from Karachi.

You have always lived in the same city so that should be fine.

In your case just having one from karachi that you mention since birth sounds just as well. Get it made if you can but i believe they ask for address to make PCC

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey, I posted in the other thread too. I wanted to clarify something. I left my home country in September 2015, with my last visit for almost two weeks in dec 2017-January 2018. Do I need the pcc from my 18th birthday to January 2018 (last visit), would that be correct? Even though I reside in Canada since September 2015, and only visited in 2017-2018 and at two other times in 2017 and 2016? Total less than 6 months.

The form also asks for a total period at the above address, what should I write there? If I count till January 2018, that would be incorrect, no? As I have lived in Canada since 2015? What to do?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey, I posted in the other thread too. I wanted to clarify something. I left my home country in September 2015, with my last visit for almost two weeks in dec 2017-January 2018. Do I need the pcc from my 18th birthday to January 2018 (last visit), would that be correct? Even though I reside in Canada since September 2015, and only visited in 2017-2018 and at two other times in 2017 and 2016? Total less than 6 months.

The form also asks for a total period at the above address, what should I write there? If I count till January 2018, that would be incorrect, no? As I have lived in Canada since 2015? What to do?
Yes, your last visit to Pakistan should be included. You are a pakistani national aren't you? You also have a permanent residence in Pakistan should you choose to exit the country that you are currently residing in? So yes, you have to have a PCC including your January visit.

Your Pakistan address should include the period from 2015-2018 since that was also your permanent residence along with the place where you were residing in Canada.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Yes, your last visit to Pakistan should be included. You are a pakistani national aren't you? You also have a permanent residence in Pakistan should you choose to exit the country that you are currently residing in? So yes, you have to have a PCC including your January visit.

Your Pakistan address should include the period from 2015-2018 since that was also your permanent residence along with the place where you were residing in Canada.
I saw your message on the other thread too, thank you! Posting here as well:

Yes, that would be accurate, I am from Pakistan, residing in Canada for a couple of years.

1- The police form I have from earlier, has a section for a current address and a previous address. What should these be? I lived at one from birth to age 5, and age 5-till the time I left. Or by current address, they mean my Canadian address?

2- Also, the certificate would state from (dated when I was age 5) to January 2018, would this be fine? Or is it necessary to be from when I was 18 only?

3- The form also asks for total number of years stayed, should this be counted till 2015 or 2018?

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I saw your message on the other thread too, thank you! Posting here as well:

Yes, that would be accurate, I am from Pakistan, residing in Canada for a couple of years.

1- The police form I have from earlier, has a section for a current address and a previous address. What should these be? I lived at one from birth to age 5, and age 5-till the time I left. Or by current address, they mean my Canadian address?

2- Also, the certificate would state from (dated when I was age 5) to January 2018, would this be fine? Or is it necessary to be from when I was 18 only?

3- The form also asks for total number of years stayed, should this be counted till 2015 or 2018?

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!
1) No need to give the birth to age 5 address. Just give the address where you have been living for the past 10 years.

2) Put the beginning date on the certificate as earlier among (when you hit age 18 or last 10 years) with end date saying To Date

3) Count it until 2018. Because that is still your permanent address and you stayed there when you went to visit

Remember, overlap might be acceptable but no gaps should be present in the PCC

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
1) No need to give the birth to age 5 address. Just give the address where you have been living for the past 10 years.

2) Put the beginning date on the certificate as earlier among (when you hit age 18 or last 10 years) with end date saying To Date

3) Count it until 2018. Because that is still your permanent address and you stayed there when you went to visit

Remember, overlap might be acceptable but no gaps should be present in the PCC
Great, noted. Thank you!

1) and 2) I was asking because previously, (when I applied for study visa) I added the previous address and the current address. With the latter starting from when I was 5 years old onwards, as the question was period of stay at the above address. I am guessing that even if it says from when I was 5 years on to a recent date, it should not be a problem, would it be?

2) Just one more clarification- sorry, the end date, should it be January 2018 or to date?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Great, noted. Thank you!

1) and 2) I was asking because previously, (when I applied for study visa) I added the previous address and the current address. With the latter starting from when I was 5 years old onwards, as the question was period of stay at the above address. I am guessing that even if it says from when I was 5 years on to a recent date, it should not be a problem, would it be?

2) Just one more clarification- sorry, the end date, should it be January 2018 or to date?
From what i have read, and my own research (I am AOR Nov 7th so all my answers are based on the research i have done) To Date is better. Actually i think to-date is the default end date that the karachi police will give you. I got mine from Karachi as well.