not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
duster said:
My visa is issued on 23-07-2014 which don't have any notation of "not allow to work unless authorize" therefore I think I don't have to apply for off campus work permit after reaching Canada and enrolling myself for the course. Am I right Usman?
Asa
This condition written on your study permit not on your visa that you are allow or not in my case as i came in may on my SP its mention that i am not allow to work unless permited so i have to apply confirmation letter along with enrolment letter when my college start that is in sept ... hope its clear now

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saver1985 said:
Asa
This condition written on your study permit not on your visa that you are allow or not in my case as i came in may on my SP its mention that i am not allow to work unless permited so i have to apply confirmation letter along with enrolment letter when my college start that is in sept ... hope its clear now
Thanks you are quite helpful bruv.
Study Permit will be given at POE ? I mean we don't know yet if we are allowed to work or not unless we get study permit at Port of Entry ? Right ??

I would like to ask one more query. Can i change my institution without informing CIC ?? Since i applied before june 1st OR I must have to inform CIC about changing institution whether i applied before or after 1st june.

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
fahad123 said:
Thanks you are quite helpful bruv.
Study Permit will be given at POE ? I mean we don't know yet if we are allowed to work or not unless we get study permit at Port of Entry ? Right ??

I would like to ask one more query. Can i change my institution without informing CIC ?? Since i applied before june 1st OR I must have to inform CIC about changing institution whether i applied before or after 1st june.
ASA
Yes SP issue on POE than you will get to know that you are allow or not if your not you have to go through the process i mentioned i think you might be allow to work because your coming after june (i am not sure about that).
No you have to inform CIC through MYCIC in any case.... I am also changing institute and I will let them know . Thanks

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saver1985 said:
ASA
Yes SP issue on POE than you will get to know that you are allow or not if your not you have to go through the process i mentioned i think you might be allow to work because your coming after june (i am not sure about that).
No you have to inform CIC through MYCIC in any case.... I am also changing institute and I will let them know . Thanks
Alright !
I am going to change institution after 1ST semester because admissions are closed for September intake. My program is 4 years BSCS Computer science. I would want to enroll in two years course, May be a two years diploma in petroleum. Will it effect my student status in future if i switch from 4 years degree to a two years diploma ? I am concerned about PR and PGWP in future . Thanks

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
saver1985 said:
Asa
Thanks for reply

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
If you applied for study permit after June 1st.. You will get your SIN number as soon as you land in Canada without applying for anything.

If you applied before June 1st, you will need to wait 6 months before you can apply for SIN number and authorization to work off campus.

nabeeeel

Feb 11, 2014
I mailed CIC a week ago but I got no response for them 52 days till I lodged my application, I'm just wondering will I even get a reply whether approved/rejected of my application, judging by the way its going so far :/

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Garfieldyo said:
If you applied before June 1st, you will need to wait 6 months before you can apply for SIN number and authorization to work off campus.
WRONG!
If someone applied before June 1st and want to get his/her SIN now, he/she just need the Enrollment Letter from his/her school that he/she is enrolled as Full Time student and then can apply for "Confirmation to Work Letter" online from CIC. Its official respond time is 30 working days but usually one gets it within 10 working day. After getting this "Confirmation to Work Letter" from CIC, one can apply for SIN on very same day.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
nabeeeel said:
I mailed CIC a week ago but I got no response for them 52 days till I lodged my application, I'm just wondering will I even get a reply whether approved/rejected of my application, judging by the way its going so far :/
Did you apply online? I seriously am starting to wonder if applying online was a folly on my part. It has been over 40 days in my case and no reply as yet.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same is for one of my sibling!
52 days since application (paper base) ....and no reply to email sent last week.
Allah karam karey sub students per
nabeeeel said:

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
usman_14pk said:
WRONG!
If someone applied before June 1st and want to get his/her SIN now, he/she just need the Enrollment Letter from his/her school that he/she is enrolled as Full Time student and then can apply for "Confirmation to Work Letter" online from CIC. Its official respond time is 30 working days but usually one gets it within 10 working day. After getting this "Confirmation to Work Letter" from CIC, one can apply for SIN on very same day.
Beta jab apko mil jayegi authorization to work off campus tab baat kerna. You cannot get authorization before 6 months under the old rules.

saadmalik

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Canada
usman_14pk said:
WRONG!
Yea Usman i believe u, as u are already in Canada and have already gone through this Confirmation to work letter as per your earlier post. I think all others with claims of old rules being applied on the ones who applied before june are quite mistaken and on wrong foot :) I am on the same pattern as u are.. i had applied before june and was granted in june.