+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PA coming over on Dual Intent.. What happens with PPR?

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could advise us in our situation..
We are February 2018 applicants, and there has been silence since January when we sent in additional requested documents.
My husband (PA) wants to come over on dual intent next month from the UK to Canada because I give birth to our first child, and hopefully wait out the remaining process of PR.

I am just wondering about the PPR process, if we update them and let them know his address is over here in Canada with me come next month, with that be okay when he needs to send in his passport? We’re not worried about him not having it, it’s more so from there side if they’re okay with him coming over on a temporary basis until he finishes off his Permanent Resident process.

Thank you very much for any help!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could advise us in our situation..
We are February 2018 applicants, and there has been silence since January when we sent in additional requested documents.
My husband (PA) wants to come over on dual intent next month from the UK to Canada because I give birth to our first child, and hopefully wait out the remaining process of PR.

I am just wondering about the PPR process, if we update them and let them know his address is over here in Canada with me come next month, with that be okay when he needs to send in his passport? We’re not worried about him not having it, it’s more so from there side if they’re okay with him coming over on a temporary basis until he finishes off his Permanent Resident process.

Thank you very much for any help!
Your husband is Polish right? If so, then he is from a visa-exempt country. As such they do not need the original passport as there is no visa to affix. At most when they request a passport they will be asking for a copy of the passport biographical pages, which you can scan in and send by webform or GCKey upload etc.

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Your husband is Polish right? If so, then he is from a visa-exempt country. As such they do not need the original passport as there is no visa to affix. At most when they request a passport they will be asking for a copy of the passport biographical pages, which you can scan in and send by webform or GCKey upload etc.
Thank you for your reply! Yes, he is Polish. So would Immigration not have any problem then if he comes over next month on his ETA to wait out the remaining process?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

mrs.savage

May 31, 2019
Hi both

My husband (Irish PA) and I (Canadian) are planning on returning to Canada under dual intent for him. What exactly are the final steps for him as visa exempt? Are we just waiting on the COPR to be mailed? No Passport Request for him? Will the COPR be physically mailed to us?

Once we have COPR we can then flagpole?

Can he not work until he has 'landed' even if COPR is in hand?

Sorry for all of the questions. Any help is appreciated.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi both

My husband (Irish PA) and I (Canadian) are planning on returning to Canada under dual intent for him. What exactly are the final steps for him as visa exempt? Are we just waiting on the COPR to be mailed? No Passport Request for him? Will the COPR be physically mailed to us?

Once we have COPR we can then flagpole?

Can he not work until he has 'landed' even if COPR is in hand?

Sorry for all of the questions. Any help is appreciated.
He may get a PPR (in which case as he is visa exempt, they will just want copies of the bio pages), or he may get CoPR immediately.

The CoPR is mailed. You must of course tell CIC of your new address.

Once he has CoPR, the yes he can flagpole and do his goods to follow lists at the same time.

No he certainly cannot work until he has flagpoled and has a SIN