+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P1 just came - dependent about to return to home country in a few days

lawrence87

Aug 13, 2022
Hi. My mom (PA) received the P1 email today, in which they ask for information about all family members. Me and my mom will stay in Canada to complete the landing process, however my dad is scheduled to return to our home country in a few days due to my grandma being gravely ill. We would prefer to have him submit his passport in our home country and get traditional COPR after he’s back, because we don’t have a concrete date as to when he could return to Canada yet.

Do we just reply that my dad will leave Canada in a few days, and will need PPR instead of virtual landing? Do we still need to provide the details they asked about him like original entry date, last entry date, etc?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. My mom (PA) received the P1 email today, in which they ask for information about all family members. Me and my mom will stay in Canada to complete the landing process, however my dad is scheduled to return to our home country in a few days due to my grandma being gravely ill. We would prefer to have him submit his passport in our home country and get traditional COPR after he’s back, because we don’t have a concrete date as to when he could return to Canada yet.

Do we just reply that my dad will leave Canada in a few days, and will need PPR instead of virtual landing? Do we still need to provide the details they asked about him like original entry date, last entry date, etc?
Yes. Your dad can request to submit his passport in his home country.

It's better to reply AFTER your dad leave and state that one of the dependents is out of Canada and need to submit passport from outside. Note that expiry date for COPR (to land) is usually 1 year from medical exam. So he may have to come back to land sooner than he's ready to move to Canada.