+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.O. box as Proof of Address?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

So I landed 3 days ago, so far so good, doing the paperwork now.

I currently stay at an AirbnB and the place doesn't have a mailbox (at least the person who manages the building doesn't seem to be aware of it).

The problem is that I need a proof of address in order to get some documents, namely:

- Bank statements (that will be my proof of address document)
- PR card
- Health Insurance card
- Get registered for the driving license

Has anyone got the same trouble? I am thinking to get a P.O box but not sure it will be accepted to receive the above documents?

Since we are on a long week-end, I am trying to find some information before calling on Tuesday.

Appreciate any advice,

Thanks
matt

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you landed in Ontario. You can wait to apply for your health card until you have a permanent address. Just bring proof of when you landed and no matter when you applied the ohip will start 3 months after you arrived.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Think you landed in Ontario. You can wait to apply for your health card until you have a permanent address. Just bring proof of when you landed and no matter when you applied the ohip will start 3 months after you arrived.
Yes correct, I am near Toronto. That's also what I'm thinking to do, just that I wanted to get done as much as I could quickly.

Thank you for the reply.