+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P&G 2021 Application Returned

NKV90

Mar 13, 2020
No, I didn’t.
Hi , I applied for Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2021 program through online portal.
Today I got a letter from CIC via email stating that i have some information missing on form IMM5406. The letter mentions that i can resubmit docs via email or mail. I also checked the online portal and it says application return and seems like i can resubmit through the portal as well. What should i do should i resubmit via email/mail or through portal? anybody in same boat? Sending through email as well as updating portal might cause confusion right?
what was missing in your additional family info? If you don’t mind me asking it!

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Hi , I applied for Parents and grandparents sponsorship 2021 program through online portal.
Today I got a letter from CIC via email stating that i have some information missing on form IMM5406. The letter mentions that i can resubmit docs via email or mail. I also checked the online portal and it says application return and seems like i can resubmit through the portal as well. What should i do should i resubmit via email/mail or through portal? anybody in same boat? Sending through email as well as updating portal might cause confusion right?
Hi Dawood, sent you a msg with my query - what did you end up doing?

hbrarr

Feb 27, 2013
What does this mean "Returned" Status? Does it mean application refused? I missed the deadline of submitting incomplete documents by 2-3 days because I had Covid-19. I submitted the documents and mentioned my reason for delay. I never checked that my application was returned on 11/24/2021, however the letter for incomplete document I had received in March-2022. I hope my mother application is not refused. I will be very upset if this is the case.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello, They returned my application because of missing information and didn’t even give me a chance to resend the missing info. Did this happen to anyone?
I waited for three years and just for a missing address they returned my application.
It’s good that they have given you an option to submit the missing info.
Based on the notes Below in IRCC something is missing , its better to communicate with IRCC

If we return your application because it’s incomplete, we also send you a letter and a checklist that explain why and what’s missing.

When you send your application back, make sure you

• add any document or information that was missing the first time and include the letter and checklist we sent you
  • write a letter that explains why you’re changing or updating your information, or why you can’t get the document we requested