+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.eng Ontario and EIT program - certificate of qualification

AngelaRB

Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I am an engineer in Brazil and I'm getting ready to apply to the Express Entry program next March. In order to get more points, I am planning to apply to the P.Eng. Ontario, but I don't have 48 months of experience or 12 months of Canadian experience. So, I can send my application to the PEO and have my degree assessed and get ready to go after I meet the working experience criteria.

My question is, if I send my P.Eng application and apply to be an EIT (Engineer in Training), does anyone know if it would be considered a certification by the Express Entry program? Or I as I am not a P.Eng. yet, being an EIT does not count at all?

I've been searching online and sending email, but I couldn't find anything specific about this topic.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate a lot!

Thanks

AhmedAbdelazizr

Aug 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
02/06/2016
You Cannot apply to POE outside of Canada. Check their reply below:

"Good morning XXXXXX:

Thank you for your email and as requested attached is the Application Form. Please read carefully pages 3, 4 and 9 for information on documents and assessment. Also note that if you are a landed immigrant less than 6 months in the country, you can apply for the no cost evaluation. Please visit our website www.peo.on.ca. Click on Apply for a licence….then click on Financial Credit program (to the left of the screen) and then click on Apply Here…..Create and Account and then follow the prompt.

You can apply for a Licence only when you are in Canada as we require a proof of status in order to process your application. You may not hold a landed immigrant status or be a Canadian Citizen, however to apply we need the following copies:

1. Passport

2. Birth Certificate

3. Visit/Study/Work Visa

4. Canadian driver’s licence

Hope the above is clear. However, if you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Yours truly,

XXXXXXXXXX"

AngelaRB

Aug 22, 2016
Actually you can apply. I went to their office in Toronto last month. They just ask you a few different documents, such as birth certificate and you passport with a visitors visa (as in my case).

Anyways, getting a EIT accreditation is not going to help me to sum more points as I though, so I am going to wait to do it until I am actually living in Canada (again).

Thank you anyways, maybe you should contact them again if you have interest in applying for the P.Eng. program before you arrive.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
AngelaRB said:
Actually you can apply. I went to their office in Toronto last month. They just ask you a few different documents, such as birth certificate and you passport with a visitors visa (as in my case).

Anyways, getting a EIT accreditation is not going to help me to sum more points as I though, so I am going to wait to do it until I am actually living in Canada (again).

Thank you anyways, maybe you should contact them again if you have interest in applying for the P.Eng. program before you arrive.
Didn't you just say that you were in Canada(with a visitor's visa)?
The question I would be interested in knowing the answer is a: Could you apply from outside Canada?

Thanks?

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
You Cannot apply to POE outside of Canada. Check their reply below:

"Good morning XXXXXX:

Thank you for your email and as requested attached is the Application Form. Please read carefully pages 3, 4 and 9 for information on documents and assessment. Also note that if you are a landed immigrant less than 6 months in the country, you can apply for the no cost evaluation. Please visit our website www.peo.on.ca. Click on Apply for a licence….then click on Financial Credit program (to the left of the screen) and then click on Apply Here…..Create and Account and then follow the prompt.

You can apply for a Licence only when you are in Canada as we require a proof of status in order to process your application. You may not hold a landed immigrant status or be a Canadian Citizen, however to apply we need the following copies:

1. Passport

2. Birth Certificate

3. Visit/Study/Work Visa

4. Canadian driver’s licence

Hope the above is clear. However, if you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Yours truly,

XXXXXXXXXX"

Hi Ahmed ,

I am inside canada and I am enrolled with PEO as in EIT . Can i say yes to the question in express entry form "Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?". Is EIT is valid to say yes to the above question. I am stuck with my immigration and trying every possible way to get my points done for express entry. Please help..
thanks in advance

shano_

Sep 23, 2021
Hi Ahmed ,

I am inside canada and I am enrolled with PEO as in EIT . Can i say yes to the question in express entry form "Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?". Is EIT is valid to say yes to the above question. I am stuck with my immigration and trying every possible way to get my points done for express entry. Please help..
thanks in advance
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but would appreciate if you could tell me what you chose, Did you say yes to the question for certificate of qualification