07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Hello!

I (Canadian citizen) am starting the application process to sponsor my husband (American citizen) to come to Canada. We have both done a lot of research and spent time reading through other people's experiences. We have decided that we will do an Inland Application as he will be applying for an OWP as well.

Questions I have:

1. He is currently living in the US and will be coming here in a couple weeks (prior to us submitting our applications). He will be arriving with some personal belonging (computers, tv, desk, and all of his clothing). Will this raise any red flags for CBSA? He plans on telling them when he arrives that he is staying with me for 5 months.

2. What is the processing time for OWP when submitted with Inland Spousal Sponsorship? I see on the immigration website that for US citizens it is 3 weeks...is this the case? I have seen in the forums here that most people receive approval in 3-4 months

Thank you for any help you can give me!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

I (Canadian citizen) am starting the application process to sponsor my husband (American citizen) to come to Canada. We have both done a lot of research and spent time reading through other people's experiences. We have decided that we will do an Inland Application as he will be applying for an OWP as well.

Questions I have:

1. He is currently living in the US and will be coming here in a couple weeks (prior to us submitting our applications). He will be arriving with some personal belonging (computers, tv, desk, and all of his clothing). Will this raise any red flags for CBSA? He plans on telling them when he arrives that he is staying with me for 5 months.

2. What is the processing time for OWP when submitted with Inland Spousal Sponsorship? I see on the immigration website that for US citizens it is 3 weeks...is this the case? I have seen in the forums here that most people receive approval in 3-4 months

Thank you for any help you can give me!!
1. He should only bring things that a visitor would bring and leave other personal items at home / in storage including the TV and desk. He cannot import these items into Canada now. He will need to wait until he is a PR. If he arrives with a car full of stuff, he risks being turned away since it will be obvious he is moving and is not a genuine visitor.

2. It's 3-4 months for the OWP. The 3 weeks applies to other classes of work permit.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021