+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP while waiting for Common Law Sponorship

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
Hello! Just seeking confirmation on something. I am currently working in Quebec under a Post Graduate Work Permit that expires June next year. My boyfriend is sponsoring me under Common Law and we are submitting this month with the Open Work Permit application attached. (so 6 months before expiration)

I am applying for the OWP as my PGWP would expire before PR is decided.

Just to confirm - the PGWP isn't able to be extended so therefore they would just grant me a new non specific Open Work Permit until my PR is decided? And being in Quebec I shouldn't have any issues like dealing with CAQ and what not?

Thanks in advance for replies.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! Just seeking confirmation on something. I am currently working in Quebec under a Post Graduate Work Permit that expires June next year. My boyfriend is sponsoring me under Common Law and we are submitting this month with the Open Work Permit application attached. (so 6 months before expiration)

I am applying for the OWP as my PGWP would expire before PR is decided.

Just to confirm - the PGWP isn't able to be extended so therefore they would just grant me a new non specific Open Work Permit until my PR is decided? And being in Quebec I shouldn't have any issues like dealing with CAQ and what not?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Yes, you will be granted an OWP and will not need a CAQ for it.