+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP w/ PR application timeline

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hey folks,

I am wondering if somebody could give me their opinion on when I can expect my OWP.

I am the PA on a family class sponsorship application with my common-law spouse who is a Canadian citizen. We have a child together, who is also a Canadian citizen. I submitted my OWP with the PR application, which was received in mid-July 2017. I have not yet submitted my medical. I did, however, submit my FBI clearance, because I initially thought I had to submit it right away. Currently in Canada on a student visa.

Is it realistic to assume that I may get my OWP by November, assuming my documents are in order?

Thank you!

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hey folks,

I am wondering if somebody could give me their opinion on when I can expect my OWP.

I am the PA on a family class sponsorship application with my common-law spouse who is a Canadian citizen. We have a child together, who is also a Canadian citizen. I submitted my OWP with the PR application, which was received in mid-July 2017. I have not yet submitted my medical. I did, however, submit my FBI clearance, because I initially thought I had to submit it right away. Currently in Canada on a student visa.

Is it realistic to assume that I may get my OWP by November, assuming my documents are in order?

Thank you!
Congrats on successfully landing! I was wondering what documents you included with your OWP. I'm pretty confused, as I'm seeing on the checklist that I only have to provide the form (IMM 5710), copy of passport (US citizen), and copy of marriage certificate (I'm married to a Canadian citizen). Seems rather light and too straightforward. Am I missing something? Thanks!