+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Validity query

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I am having a query regarding my wife's open work permit.

My wife has stamped an OWP visa and the expiry date is 31st Oct 2020. After stamping she couldn't travel to Canada because of her commitments in India, but now she is ready to travel.
May I know if there is any rule/ regulations that says the travel should happen before a certain date of OWP expiry? If the expiry date is 31st of Oct 2020, by what time she has to make her travel to Canada?
I know currently due to COVID situation, Canada has not allowed the entry for OWP/ Visitors yet.

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
This is still current
Temporary workers
Some temporary workers are exempt from travel restrictions if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.
Thanks for your response.

I am aware of these restrictions but if we consider there are no restrictions and government open the gates, then considering the validity of 31st Oct, is there any timeline that before any particular date the travel is allowed? For example: the TRV should have at least 1 month of Validity when she travels so that means the travel is allowed only uphill 30th of August 2020.

Again I appreciate your quick turnaround.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
There are no official restrictions. In theory you can arrive in Canada on the last day of validity of your TRV and OWP, but it is up to CBSA at the PoE to determine whether your circumstances warrant admission or not.

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
There are no official restrictions. In theory you can arrive in Canada on the last day of validity of your TRV and OWP, but it is up to CBSA at the PoE to determine whether your circumstances warrant admission or not.
Thank you,
I would like to post one more question. If there are no restrictions then will they ask for return ticket at PoE?