+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP remove conditions, medical up front

Toodles

Apr 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was already in Canada with a study permit, co-op work permit and a TRV (all are still valid).

I had my medical done in August 2018 when renewing my TRV.

I applied for a PR and OWP through the spousal sponsorship program. I got my AOR a couple weeks ago and my OWP came in the mail today.

The problem is my OWP says I can’t work in the medical field which is a problem as I do. It’s why I came here.

My PR application even shows a MR is not required as they have it and as I declared on my application.

It seems to me they made a mistake here. How can I get this rectified? I shouldn’t have to reapply and spend money and time to fix this.

I do have a USA visa. Would flagpoling work if I just explained the situation to them? I tried calling IIRC all day and couldn’t get through. We also have an Inland CBSA Office here; I wonder if they can assist?

Anyone know of a case where MR was provided and they still put the conditions on the OWP? Or how to get them to fix a mistake for free/promptly?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Best / fastest option is to go to a US/Canada land border and ask that the condition be removed from your work permit.

Jasnoor Kaur

Jan 27, 2024
Best / fastest option is to go to a US/Canada land border and ask that the condition be removed from your work permit.
Hey there,
I just did medical 5 days back. Should I got now to border or wait few weeks to get the medical updated?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there,
I just did medical 5 days back. Should I got now to border or wait few weeks to get the medical updated?
CBSA will not change work permit conditions. You can try but 99% of the time CBSA will not change work permit conditions. Only iRCC can do that so apply online.