+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP process

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hello!

I have a question - While applying for my TRV extension, there is an OWP section as well.

Should I fill this out online, i.e. the TRV application, or should I print and attach it with my PR application?

A prompt response would be appreciated.

I have all of my documents ready but we have to wait for the Option C printout which might not come until April. I have to apply for the TRV extension LATEST by April 4th.

Thanks!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
azarme09 said:
Hello!

I have a question - While applying for my TRV extension, there is an OWP section as well.

Should I fill this out online, i.e. the TRV application, or should I print and attach it with my PR application?

A prompt response would be appreciated.

I have all of my documents ready but we have to wait for the Option C printout which might not come until April. I have to apply for the TRV extension LATEST by April 4th.

Thanks!
Do NOT attach your TRV application with your PR application. That won't help your situation at all and then you will be out of status and potentially set yourself up for removal. Either paper file for your TRV extension or do it online. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say there is an OWP section as well ....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
Do NOT attach your TRV application with your PR application. That won't help your situation at all and then you will be out of status and potentially set yourself up for removal. Either paper file for your TRV extension or do it online. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say there is an OWP section as well ....
Couldn't the OP just send an OWP with the sponsorship application (assuming it's Inland since s/he even mentioned OWP) and have implied status throughout stage 1 approval? That would eliminate the need for a TRV and the possibility of losing status if it's denied...right?

If the OP has an Outland application, it's a moot point...obviously.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Alurra71 said:
Thanks!
In the TRV extension form, there is a section where you can request an OWP. Should I fill it out or not?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I couldn't find a separate OWP form.

Ponga said:
Couldn't the OP just send an OWP with the sponsorship application (assuming it's Inland since s/he even mentioned OWP) and have implied status throughout stage 1 approval? That would eliminate the need for a TRV and the possibility of losing status if it's denied...right?

If the OP has an Outland application, it's a moot point...obviously.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
azarme09 said:
I couldn't find a separate OWP form.
Please call CIC and ask for the correct form they will email you the latest/updated version. Good luck and don't get so confused, and keep sane! :)

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Thank you xx

tarina said:
Please call CIC and ask for the correct form they will email you the latest/updated version. Good luck and don't get so confused, and keep sane! :)

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I have new information found here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822547

You can no longer submit OWP with your PR application.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Until we can see this confirmed by official source (CIC website), everything said on forums are unofficial :) Agents still advise people to submit OWP application along with PR to maintain implied status. CIC never made official announcement for this change.

Take it as rumor, or misunderstanding, until we see it from CIC

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
It has a CIC link. OWP is NOT available in the PR packet

civic said:
Until we can see this confirmed by official source (CIC website), everything said on forums are unofficial :) Agents still advise people to submit OWP application along with PR to maintain implied status. CIC never made official announcement for this change.

Take it as rumor, or misunderstanding, until we see it from CIC

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
It has a CIC link. OWP is NOT available in the PR packet
By not including application for OWP, CIC still didn't say they will not accept it. As a government agency they will publish their policies IN WRITING, not by people's guesses. Also, last week I got email from CIC agent with instruction on how to apply for OWP with inland spousal PR.

I think the negative side of immigration forum is that people may provide misleading info for each other without knowing for sure.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
civic said:
By not including application for OWP, CIC still didn't say they will not accept it. As a government agency they will publish their policies IN WRITING, not by people's guesses. Also, last week I got email from CIC agent with instruction on how to apply for OWP with inland spousal PR.

I think the negative side of immigration forum is that people may provide misleading info for each other without knowing for sure.
100% agree with you! cic call center people answers were pretty consistent now about OWP with inland spousal PR, unlike in the past few months their answers confused people.