+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

owp missing fees...

usagirl1

Jun 6, 2019
Hi,

If I missed the open work permit fee and submitted today, my current PGWP expires August 16, 2019. If they send it back after July 16 (less than 30 days) due to this, will I lose my implied status? Or will I have it as long as I send back the application with the updated fees prior to August 16?

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
You cannot be on implied status until your current permit expires. So as long as you re-send the application with the correct fees BEFORE it expires, you will have implied status.

If you sent it today, can you not call the courier company and have them cancel the delivery and return it to you in order to send the correct fee?

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

usagirl1

Jun 6, 2019
You cannot be on implied status until your current permit expires. So as long as you re-send the application with the correct fees BEFORE it expires, you will have implied status.

If you sent it today, can you not call the courier company and have them cancel the delivery and return it to you in order to send the correct fee?
unfortunately I've tried...Canada Post refuses to cancel or interfere with any kind of delivery, even if it's the sender asking.

I'm wondering about the requirement to send it at least 30 days before it expires...if the application comes back less than 30 days before my current permit expires, and then I mail it back, will I still have implied status?

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
unfortunately I've tried...Canada Post refuses to cancel or interfere with any kind of delivery, even if it's the sender asking.

I'm wondering about the requirement to send it at least 30 days before it expires...if the application comes back less than 30 days before my current permit expires, and then I mail it back, will I still have implied status?
I wouldn't have sent it with Canada Post, but it's done now so you will have to hope that the application gets returned before your current permit expires. If not, you will need to apply to change your status to visitor so that you still have status in Canada and are therefore eligible for the OWP.

Yes, they want you to allow enough time for processing so that your permits don't expire, but even if you re-send the application with one day left on your current permit, you will have implied status and be eligible for the OWP.

Reactions: usagirl1

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

There is no requirement to apply 30 days ahead of time. It is simply a recommendation. You can apply up until your status actually expires.

I strongly suggest that you apply for a visitor extension prior to your PGWP expiring. If the OWP is returned after it expires, you wpuld be out of status.

Reactions: Evican and usagirl1