+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP IMM5710 Question

Bbb493

Dec 23, 2017
I’m applying for an OWP along with Spousal Common Law PR. I originally came to Canada on an IEC visa from the UK. My question is regarding question 3 on the IMM5710 form which asks what type of work permit I am applying for. The only one I can see being applicable is “an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer”. Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, what did you put?
Also for the UCI number at the beginning of the form did you use your UCI number from your IEC visa or leave it blank/write N/A? Thanks!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
1. Yes, “an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer” is the one.
2. Use the same UCI which is a unique number generated for you.
Good Luck!

Bwp1066

Jan 28, 2018
Hi there,

I also have a question regarding what to put under the UCI question in this form. I have one number printed on my IEC visa, but have a different UCI as part of my PR application.

My main problem is, the UCI on my PR application is 15 digits long and won't fit on the form...

I want to use the latest UCI, as this is the most up-to-date but it won't fit... Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!