+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Holder Fee

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Hi all,

I have been in Canada since almost two years, first on a Working Holiday visa and then Young Professionals.

My partner and I are about to send in our Family Sponsorship application (in Canada class). We followed the guide and clicked on the link to pay our fees. We ended up paying $1195 ($1040 for sponsorship + PR, $155 for OWP).

Now in this forum I keep reading that I should have paid the $100 OWP holder fee as well. However, the payment process never suggested this.

On the Pay your fees online website, I selected Option 1 of Step 3 and answered questions to pay my fees.

The fee wizard asked the following questions:
  • What do you want to do? -> Sponsor a family member
  • Who are you sponsoring? -> Spouse and common-law
  • Do you want to pay for RPRF now? -> I'll pay for RPRF now
  • Where will your spouse live? -> In Canada
  • Does your spouse or common-law partner want to be able to work? If you want us to consider them for this permit, answer "Yes" to this question and we will add the correct fee to your payment. -> Yes
  • Dependent children? -> No
  • Need to pay for biometrics? -> No
Answering these questions calculates a fee of $1195 which can be paid immediately. This does not include the OWP holder fee of $100.

Did they change something in their price structure? Or how was I supposed to know to pay the OWP holder fee if their own payment process is not suggestion it? In fact, it said "we will add the correct fee to your payment".

I'm now confused about the OWP holder fee. Do I have to pay? And is it possible to pay for it separately and include the receipt with the other in my application?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

I have been in Canada since almost two years, first on a Working Holiday visa and then Young Professionals.

My partner and I are about to send in our Family Sponsorship application (in Canada class). We followed the guide and clicked on the link to pay our fees. We ended up paying $1195 ($1040 for sponsorship + PR, $155 for OWP).

Now in this forum I keep reading that I should have paid the $100 OWP holder fee as well. However, the payment process never suggested this.

On the Pay your fees online website, I selected Option 1 of Step 3 and answered questions to pay my fees.

The fee wizard asked the following questions:
  • What do you want to do? -> Sponsor a family member
  • Who are you sponsoring? -> Spouse and common-law
  • Do you want to pay for RPRF now? -> I'll pay for RPRF now
  • Where will your spouse live? -> In Canada
  • Does your spouse or common-law partner want to be able to work? If you want us to consider them for this permit, answer "Yes" to this question and we will add the correct fee to your payment. -> Yes
  • Dependent children? -> No
  • Need to pay for biometrics? -> No
Answering these questions calculates a fee of $1195 which can be paid immediately. This does not include the OWP holder fee of $100.

Did they change something in their price structure? Or how was I supposed to know to pay the OWP holder fee if their own payment process is not suggestion it? In fact, it said "we will add the correct fee to your payment".

I'm now confused about the OWP holder fee. Do I have to pay? And is it possible to pay for it separately and include the receipt with the other in my application?

Thanks
As the RPRF is more than enough to cover your bases, you probably don't need to worry about it for now. If they want more later, you can top it up if required. Your calculations appear to be correct however.