+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for spouse of PGWP holder?

Want2Move2CA

Jun 29, 2015
crazy_immigration_system said:
I am in a similar situation.
I will try to keep it short though it's complex...

What are the chances of approval of my OWP if applied TOGETHER with my spouse's PGWP?

My situation:
Current in Canada on OWP corresponding to spouse's study permit which expires on Sep 30, 2015.
I have a job as a Systems Analyst. My employer wants to keep me with them at least till June 30, 2016 provided I have the requisite validity of work permit (which currently is only till Sep 30, 2015).

My spouse (husband)'s situation:
Currently in Canada on study permit (and co-op work permit) and is completing his co-op which ends on Jun 26, 2015 (either permit valid till Sep 30, 2015 as stated before).
He currently does not have any job lined up after finishing co-op on Jun 26, 2015.

What we intend to do is apply for my OWP TOGETHER with my spouse's PGWP application.
This is possible in myCIC portal as the option for application of my OWP TOGETHER with my spouse's PGWP application is displayed, if you answer all the questions the portal asks correctly.

What we don't know is whether my OWP in this scenario will be approved or not.
Do any you have gone through similar situations or know some of your friends who have gone through this scenario?
Do any one of you know for certain whether my OWP application be approved or rejected?

Hello, Please let me know what happened to your situation. I am in a similar situation and I want to know if I need to stop working until my spouse gets a job offer.
Thanks

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi any updates?

Crazy_immigration_ststem and want2move2ca ---- please update if you have any new info. I heard that we can submit the app together.

hasanifte

Oct 8, 2014
Hi,

I am applying for PGWP, done with my masters. My wife is with me on open work permit (OWP). Can she apply for her extension of OWP along with my PGWP application? She is not doing any job.

Should I submit a combined application?

Need your guidance.

Sincere Thanks,

Hassan Iftekhar