+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for Live-in Caregivers husband working in Canada?

maplesirup

Nov 15, 2012
Hi there,
I would appreciate anyone's help to my confusion...
I worked 2 years as a Live-in Nanny and sent my OWP&PR application (including my husbands) September 2012. I got my OWP the middle of December 2012. I'm not working as a Nanny anymore.
While doing the LCP my husband lived in Canada as well and is still working on his own work permit for a company but is not happy there at all and every day is miserable in his life.
We tried to get an OWP for my husband as well and here is what they sent as back:

"No action has being taken to process your request for the following reasons: As a Foreign National in Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you."

What does this mean? How long will it take?

When I check my online ecas it says: application received

Will he have to wait 38 month? (at the time I applied it was 32)

I'm so unbelievable disappointed in this Live-in Caregiver Program!!!! It takes foreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrrrrrrr to get PR! :mad:

Kyberxs27

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplesirup said:
Hi there,
I would appreciate anyone's help to my confusion...
I worked 2 years as a Live-in Nanny and sent my OWP&PR application (including my husbands) September 2012. I got my OWP the middle of December 2012. I'm not working as a Nanny anymore.
While doing the LCP my husband lived in Canada as well and is still working on his own work permit for a company but is not happy there at all and every day is miserable in his life.
We tried to get an OWP for my husband as well and here is what they sent as back:

"No action has being taken to process your request for the following reasons: As a Foreign National in Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you."

What does this mean? How long will it take?

When I check my online ecas it says: application received

Will he have to wait 38 month? (at the time I applied it was 32)

I'm so unbelievable disappointed in this Live-in Caregiver Program!!!! It takes foreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrrrrrrr to get PR! :mad:
Hi! CIC would only issue your Husband's OWP until you received your Approval in Principle. (first stage approval)

VertigoHeadSpin

Apr 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
DEC 18, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN 08 ,2014
Passport Req..
FEB 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
yes! thank you lord!
LANDED..........
may 2014
greetings..

My wife started as a live-in caregiver in canada since 2008...then she got her work permit last DEC.2011...i got my medical for sponsorship last SEPT 2012..my wife's PR will be issued this coming june 2013 as the say 18 months since she applied..but until now no word coming from embassy..since my medical will be expired this coming SEPT 2013..i dunno if i need to repeat the medical again..if ever i need to repeat well it will be a waste of time effort and money..why do i have to take the medical last SEPT 2011 if they know that it will take time for the processing?