+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP at port of entry

starbuck

Sep 15, 2011
All,

I am in indian national and i am starting to canada along with my spouse ( Indian National) . I would like to check on the possibility of getting a OWP at the port of entry for my spouse.

My spouse have a working visa in UK and USA. Anyone who have recently come to canada and have got a OWP at the port of entry the details would be highly appreciated.

thanks
*$

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
starbuck said:
All,

I am in indian national and i am starting to canada along with my spouse ( Indian National) . I would like to check on the possibility of getting a OWP at the port of entry for my spouse.

My spouse have a working visa in UK and USA. Anyone who have recently come to canada and have got a OWP at the port of entry the details would be highly appreciated.

thanks
*$
If your occupation is NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B, then your spouse can apply for an OWP for the same duration as your TWP.
If your occupation is not in those skill classes, they will need to go through the whole process (LMO etc..) themselves for their own Work Permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/arriving.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Was she granted a TRV?

starbuck said:
All,

thanks
*$

starbuck

Sep 15, 2011
job_seeker said:
Was she granted a TRV?
Yes, my spouse has a Intra Company transfer visa under NOC 0. I also got a 1 year multiple entry visa.

My question is, whats the chance of getting a OWP at the POE directly instead of applying it in canada which
takes 90 days.

thanks
*$

aman04

Oct 19, 2011
Hi,

If she is in US she can apply in person and work permit will be approved same day. Within Canada process takes too long. I got mine from Washington DC in a week .......and i was given letter of introduction and the permit was issued at the port of entry.

People who are from visa exempt countries can only apply for work permit at the port of entry. As i understand Indian National cannot apply at the port of entry. They will have to get it approved either from within Canada or outside Canada but applying from outside Canada is the best and quick option.

Good luck!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starbuck said:
Yes, my spouse has a Intra Company transfer visa under NOC 0. I also got a 1 year multiple entry visa.

My question is, whats the chance of getting a OWP at the POE directly instead of applying it in canada which
takes 90 days.

thanks
*$
You both stilll need a visa (as Indian nationals) to be granted entry to Canada. Probably also need medicals (maybe not your wife) so best to apply at overseas visa office.