+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

owp:applying as sponsored spouse (student status)

cassyau

Jan 23, 2024
I am currently applying for OWP as a sponsored spouse in Canada. My status is student(still attending school)

In imm5556 checklist
"if you are a student: Proof of your academic standing: letter from the institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study"

The reason I'm rushing this owp is because I am doing poorly in academic and I will discontinue my study after this semester.

my question is
1. Do I need to provide my transcript even though I'm applying as a sponsored spouse? or it is for the people applying for PGWP?

2. if I need to submit my transcript, will it affect my chance of getting approved if my academic is not up to standards?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently applying for OWP as a sponsored spouse in Canada. My status is student(still attending school)

In imm5556 checklist
"if you are a student: Proof of your academic standing: letter from the institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study"

The reason I'm rushing this owp is because I am doing poorly in academic and I will discontinue my study after this semester.

my question is
1. Do I need to provide my transcript even though I'm applying as a sponsored spouse? or it is for the people applying for PGWP?

2. if I need to submit my transcript, will it affect my chance of getting approved if my academic is not up to standards?
Post to the Foreign Workers section.