+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Application on border exit/entry

marlon

Aug 29, 2008
Hello i am seeking advice for my new application for work permit. A short background of myself. I am eversince working here in Canada for almost 6yrs. and yet still on a wp status since 2009 of march i am on a commonlaw with a canadian citizenship status we have 2 lovely daughters 4yrs old and 10mos old . Yep we havent submit yet an application for family sponsorship just gettin started completing our docs. And i am now about to apply a new work permit (new employer) i have the job offer/LMO approval/ job contract etc. My current work permit ends on this 20th ...like 8 more days counting ... i tried it again online (MyCic) which what i always do but theres a new box or new question add up like (status living with commonlaw resident/citizen etc.) So i decided to put yes living with a commonlaw canadian citizen, And there it is work permit application wasnt there and instead replace to Open Work Permit (options what applications u are applying for) My Question is if i am driving to exit the border (montana couts ab) cause i still a week on my current work permit.... Can i possibly put OWP applications? will i be considered? and / added question with regards this matter what do i need to bring for my exit or for my renewal for my new employer ... LMO/Job Offer/Job Contract? and yep my Passport and old wp is there somethin else i should bring? do i have to fill up and bring work permit application or no? just like the first time when the first entry theyll just give u a work permit right away?

Thanks much
appreciate all the answers
Marlon of Edmonton AB,