+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and restoration of status -

CB1995

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
I am applying to restore my status in Canada as I was here under implied status until my OWP app got returned. I have a couple of questions on this matter:

1. Can I apply to restore my status AND apply for an OWP at the same time by checking both relevant boxes on the “application to change conditions...”?

2. Question 7 on the application asks what my current country of residence is then asks for my status in that country. I am here in Canada (within my 90 days) but I do not have status because they returned the application and I lost implied status hence the restoration. What should I select?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I am applying to restore my status in Canada as I was here under implied status until my OWP app got returned. I have a couple of questions on this matter:

1. Can I apply to restore my status AND apply for an OWP at the same time by checking both relevant boxes on the “application to change conditions...”?

2. Question 7 on the application asks what my current country of residence is then asks for my status in that country. I am here in Canada (within my 90 days) but I do not have status because they returned the application and I lost implied status hence the restoration. What should I select?
1. you can't. Because OWP condition is you still have a status in Canada. When you got restore status, then apply OWP.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Would also like the answer to what to select in terms of status on application.
You select Other; then the next box with 'other' will allow you to write and you can write out of status.
If you go through this route they will first process your restoration of status which can take over 3 months, then the work permit.

Remember to pay fees to restore status and not just the OWP fees

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
You select Other; then the next box with 'other' will allow you to write and you can write out of status.
If you go through this route they will first process your restoration of status which can take over 3 months, then the work permit.

Remember to pay fees to restore status and not just the OWP fees
Thanks, but what do I put for the dates of status? I understand I put other - Out of Status, but it also asks for a start date and end date. What do I put for the dates?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks, but what do I put for the dates of status? I understand I put other - Out of Status, but it also asks for a start date and end date. What do I put for the dates?
start of valid status to the date it expired

Reactions: CanUK333