+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP after AIP

Shishan316

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone my husband is May 31 applicant we just received eligibility passed letter for him on feb 18 and ecas says DM on both sides. He did not receive his owp because he was out of status does he have to re-apply or will they issue it and if so does anyone know how long it will take?

Reactions: KBsandhu

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi everyone my husband is May 31 applicant we just received eligibility passed letter for him on feb 18 and ecas says DM on both sides. He did not receive his owp because he was out of status does he have to re-apply or will they issue it and if so does anyone know how long it will take?
You are inland applicant right? No need to apply OWP, because after 1 month, he will get his PR:)

Congrats for you two got the DM!!!

Reactions: Gargoyle_Queen

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
You are inland applicant right? No need to apply OWP, because after 1 month, he will get his PR:)

Congrats for you two got the DM!!!
Hi Viviane ,
in my case , we applied already for owp but out of statut , so i need aip to get owp , do you know if i will get it right after AIP , i need it even if i will get my PR a week after , i will need to work , im 10 september applicant , Thank you

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi Viviane ,
in my case , we applied already for owp but out of statut , so i need aip to get owp , do you know if i will get it right after AIP , i need it even if i will get my PR a week after , i will need to work , im 10 september applicant , Thank you

You can apply the OWP after AIP. Submit the file online may faster,
Work permit (new employer)
These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

84 days ? Working on applications received on November 3, 2018.

Paper
113 days ?Working on applications received on October 5, 2018.

Here the info from AIP letter.

Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit
If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow
you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study
permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational
institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which
you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms,
please visit the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at www.canada.ca

Reactions: Gargoyle_Queen

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
You don't have to reapply just call or send them a message through the webform to make sure they are now processing it. You are now entitled to receive your owp.

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
You can apply the OWP after AIP. Submit the file online may faster,
Work permit (new employer)
These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

84 days ? Working on applications received on November 3, 2018.

Paper
113 days ?Working on applications received on October 5, 2018.

Here the info from AIP letter.

Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit
If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow
you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study
permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational
institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which
you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms,
please visit the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at www.canada.ca
thank you for taking time to answer , they didnt send owp application back , they said they gonna treat it after AIP , i wanted to know how many days it takes after AIP , Thank you again

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Good Eveing folks,

My spouse got AIP, and my spouse is also out of status.

Can someone please post the step by step guide to apply for OWP If you got AIP and are out of status?

We can’t seem to figure it out :(.

Thank you

Blain

Mar 28, 2019
Hi Viviane ,
Hi there where on the same boat no status but I already have an AIP.