+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operated LMIA group

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

I am in final stage of applying for LMIA after purchasing a business with 50% ownership

Anyone in the same boat or have applied, pls share your experience

Regards,
Vijay Kumar

OliverS

Sep 8, 2019
Hi,

I am in final stage of applying for LMIA after purchasing a business with 50% ownership

Regards,
Vijay Kumar
I am also looking for suggestion as i am going to do something but my stake is around 78%. Any tips anyone?

Help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Oliver

OliverS

Sep 8, 2019
Hi,

I am in final stage of applying usps tracking for LMIA after purchasing a business with 50% ownership

Regards,
Vijay Kumar
I am also looking for suggestion as i am going to do something but my stake is around 78%. Any tips anyone?

Help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Oliver

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi ,

Just cam back from first visit to canada.

Most consultants said you have to buy over business completely before applying for LMIA, few said buy conditionally.

Almost everyone was of the opinion that you must visit canada first before applying for LMIA.

Please let me know if you have any specific question, I will try to answer

Vijay Kumar

Reactions: jeet patel

Mikeba

Oct 9, 2019
I have been advised that there is no need to buy a business but rather submit a business plan apply for work permit, after approval register a fresh entity with 100% ownership. This would in-turn bump up the crs score by 200 points as i would be the managing director in the company.

Also, required liquid funds would be in tune of $120K-150K

Thoughts please?

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I have been advised that there is no need to buy a business but rather submit a business plan apply for work permit, after approval register a fresh entity with 100% ownership. This would in-turn bump up the crs score by 200 points as i would be the managing director in the company.

Thoughts please?
Hi, who told you this? You need to buy business to be eligible to apply for LMIA...

Can you share your source of information.

Nov 25, 2018
Hi ,

Just cam back from first visit to canada.

Most consultants said you have to buy over business completely before applying for LMIA, few said buy conditionally.

Almost everyone was of the opinion that you must visit canada first before applying for LMIA.

Please let me know if you have any specific question, I will try to answer

Vijay Kumar
So any recent update on your case.i also met 2 lawyers and both have different views, one says without business experience u are eligible, other says not. ESDC have strict rules to approve

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
So any recent update on your case.i also met 2 lawyers and both have different views, one says without business experience u are eligible, other says not. ESDC have strict rules to approve
Prior work experience preferably in the same industry is must for service Canada to approve your designation as owner operated.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

Thoughts please?
I was able to get this visa approved third time. Funds requirement is minimum $2,00,000 and for 200 points you need to establish your new business successfully, file the tax returns, staff your office, complete one year minimum etc. It’s not easy if you don’t have enough money or doesn’t want to invest in.

Reactions: Manjusaini

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I was able to get this visa approved third time. Funds requirement is minimum $2,00,000 and for 200 points you need to establish your new business successfully, file the tax returns, staff your office, complete one year minimum etc. It’s not easy if you don’t have enough money or doesn’t want to invest in.
Congratulations, Did you get it through owner LMIA or any other scheme?

$ 200,000, you mean net worth or investment into Canadian business.