+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstaying in Canada + weird code on my passport

May 17, 2018
Hello I’m a Mexican citizen, I visited canada for the first time in April 2017, I went to the Us in October in order to enter canada again, in the border they didn’t wanna let me in because I had no proof that I wasn’t going to stay. At the end the officer let me in but he wrote V610, he told me that I had to leave in December 1st but I left in December 19th, do you have any idea of what does it mean?
I wanna go to canada in 1 week to spend New Year’s Eve but I wanna know if I can get in. Please help me

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello I’m a Mexican citizen, I visited canada for the first time in April 2017, I went to the Us in October in order to enter canada again, in the border they didn’t wanna let me in because I had no proof that I wasn’t going to stay. At the end the officer let me in but he wrote V610, he told me that I had to leave in December 1st but I left in December 19th, do you have any idea of what does it mean?
I wanna go to canada in 1 week to spend New Year’s Eve but I wanna know if I can get in. Please help me
Not sure what the V610 code is. Maybe a customs code. Again, not sure

You overstayed your visit. You have been flagged in the system.

You could be risking an Exclusion Order or could be denied entry as you are attempting to return too soon

May 17, 2018
I’m so nervous, it wasn’t my intention to overstay, at school they told me that I had the right to stay 6 months and that an extension wasn’t needed. Is it for sure that I will have consequences? :(
Not sure what the V610 code is. Maybe a customs code. Again, not sure

You overstayed your visit. You have been flagged in the system.

You could be risking an Exclusion Order or could be denied entry as you are attempting to return too soon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m so nervous, it wasn’t my intention to overstay, at school they told me that I had the right to stay 6 months and that an extension wasn’t needed. Is it for sure that I will have consequences? :(
No - it's not for sure. None of us can tell you what will happen. That will be up to the CBSA officer at the border.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
How long you are allowed to stay is determined by the CBSA officer at the port of entry. The school cannot decide this.

You should have applied to extend your stay before your visitor status expired for the first entry in October. You would have been on implied status without getting flagged in the system. Anyway. That's in the past

May 17, 2018
So what can I do now?
How long you are allowed to stay is determined by the CBSA officer at the port of entry. The school cannot decide this.

You should have applied to extend your stay before your visitor status expired for the first entry in October. You would have been on implied status without getting flagged in the system. Anyway. That's in the past

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh! I’m full of hope again, can I bring something (like some documents) to proof that I just want to visit or something that can help me?
Please do. Proofs of your ties to Mexico (school enrollment, lease, any events/visits scheduled after your Canada visit, etc) + finances for your visit + a return ticket

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
& CBSA will definitely put you a question why did you overstay on your previous trip so prepare yourself for this . good luck