+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstaying Canada

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by noquieropay400, May 17, 2018.

  1. I’m a Mexican citizen, I went to Canada last year (April 2017) with a visitor visa, when my time was done I went to the US, I left canada for 3 days to get in again. When I arrived to the border I had no documents to prove that I was leaving soon so the officer told me “you can get in, but you have to leave before December 1st, otherwise you won’t be able to enter to canada again”, but at school they told me that since my eTA was valid and I was studying I could stay more. I left the country 18 days before (December 19th) and now I’m planning to go to MTL again to visit my boyfriend but I’m afraid that I might have some problems to get in. What should I do?
  2. Someone please help me I really need it
  3. Why did you ignore CBSA? An eTA has NOTHING to do with status.

    You will probably be fine but no one can say for sure.

    Note that as a visitor, you can only study short courses.
  4. How can I know my status?
    The officer also wrote on my passport “V____610”
    My course was just for 3 weeks

Share This Page