+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed visa in USA

Jneco

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,

Does anyone knows the implications of have had lived "undocumented" in USA will I have if I try to immigrate to Canada thru provincial programs or Federal Skiled worker?
Do they welcome families with born children in USA?

Thank you so much!

loyal

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to consult a good genuine and honest lawyer ( hard to find though) , Canadian authorities do not entertain the individuals who have faltered in USA. As fas r as USA born child is concerned he is to be accompanied by the parents who are not inadmissible in canada, and if the parents have violated any visa norms then not easy to enter canada.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I'm not the expert on this -- but my understanding is that CIC does not care that much about immigration violations in other countries. It would be difficult if you were applying for a TRV, because it shows that you are willing to break the law and are probably a return risk; but for FSW, that's not an issue, and your application shows that you are complying with CIC regulations. Even in the US, a visa overstay is a civil, and not a criminal offense; people who are bankrupt, or who have broken leases, are able to immigrate. Make sure that your answers to questions about visas are comprehensively correct -- but I wouldn't automatically assume that you need a lawyer.

Other people here can probably give you a real idea of how CIC regards cases like yours.

Reactions: Kya