+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed my UK visa and now applying for Express Entry. PLEASE HELP ME. Attn: LEGALFALCON

blue_borna

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Dear Friends and @legalfalcon
I am in dire need of honest helpful advice. This is my story.

I have lived legally in the U.K. Since 2008. Unfortunately in June of last year 2016 my application for indefinite leave to remain was rejected just after the birth of my twin daughters. (Talk about devastation) I am currently going through the court processes to challenge the rather unfair decision but While I am waiting ,I am desperate to move on with my life as it has been a living hell for me and my family. (I have lost my home, friends, my dignity as a man and provider in my home).

During my time here, I have trained as a software system analyst and currently a senior test manager - managing a team of 12. My wife is a HR consultant and as she was covered by my residency status, she has also been affected by this rejection.
I received ITA in the last 2 draws with my score at 448.
Now I'm confused about the following;
1. my last valid residence permit expired in June 2016, as I'm currently in the U.K, can I go ahead with my express entry application given that I don't currently have a valid residence permit. Will I be asked for this information?
2. How will my current situation impact my application. I am currently at my lowest because having lived here legally for 9+ years, I never imagined I would have to overstay a visa.
Do I have a chance to succeed or am I going to be rejected?
3, Will you advice me to declare this as there is this notion that once you overstay a visa, it's an instant rejection even though I have no criminal records and no parking tickets and a decent credit history.
4. I have no home to return to as I am an only child with a terminally sick dad and late mum.

Please kindly advice me on the best way to deal with this as I am utterly devastated and confused.
I will appreciate immensely - honest, constructive advice from the experts and any friends willing to help.

Kindly help me tag anyone you know who will be happy to help as well like @legalfalcon

Thanking you in advance
Broken Hopeful despite the Chaos
I have exactly same situation as urs. I have supplied all visas, after rejection procedures like JR letter, hearing, court of appeal letters, almost everything that I have to Nova Scotia pnp and they have accepted and June 2018 my AOR. Hope it help u. Any question plz drop me mail. Thanks

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Dear Friends,
Long time but I'm back to update you guys and ladies as I promised.
After receiving good advice from @billyhyatt and @superspecial90 I went ahead and put together my application (took almist 4 months to get evetything ready) and it's with great joy that I type this response from the land of absolute peace of mind - faraway Canada.

I had no request for additional information
I had no request to be interviewed
My application took exactly 5 months and was processed in London Visa Office.
My GOD is definitely alive and kicking it for Me!

This is what I can tell anyone in similar shoes like mine or anyone who is caught up between the courts and Home office and would like to try for canada;
- Make sure you tell the truth but Keep it short and sweet. Very important. I did not write an epistle but I made it clear that I had lived legally in England with proof since 08 and was refused permanent residence - NOT A VISA.
The truth is if you write your life history because the space provided is called 'letter' of explanation, you run the risk of sending unnecessary sniffer dogs after yourself which will lengthen the process. ( in my opinion)
So give your explanation in the most clear terms, keep it concise and straight to the point and make SURE it is the TRUTH - DO NOT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT BY giving excess unwanted information.

Myself and my family have been here 3 months now. Our lives are back to normal. I'm back in work at a better level than I was in England. My wife is happy again and my kids future is secure. I will certainly die a happy man.

One thing I must say to anyone going through hell like I did with my family for 2 plus years in limbo after living legally for 10years is - DON'T GIVE UP. Explore as many options as possible - Canada, Australia, etc.
If you have immediate family, let that be your motivation to keep going. If you're from a NON - EU country, it's evident from the political climate that we are at the bottom of the food chain and no one will fight for us so no matter how hard you feel beaten, no matter how many scary letters the Home office writes you, no matter how many times you've had to go and sign at the police station, no matter how many times you've probably been detained, pick yourself back up and keep going. Don't let this experience define you.

Finally and most importantly, hold on to your faith ( whatever it is you believe in) - I spent a lot of time praying endlessly day and night - how I went from being a team manager to almost destitute shocked my entire being and I believe GOD of Abraham Isaac and Jacob - of Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego heard my prayers and lifted me.

I will check in from time to time to answer any questions you may have. Till then be kind to one another. Show love and trust your GOD.

DO I miss England - No - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth each time I remember the hell myself and my family faced.
I'm embracing my new life here and expectant of what the future holds for me and my family.

I pray everyone going through a rubble like I did finds hope and the strength to finish strong. Amen

God bless you.
This is a beautiful testimony too. May the LORD grant your desires always.

Amani2019

Jun 17, 2019
This is great news and glad to hear it worked out for you. God is faithful!!
Am in a similar situation in the UK but would like to apply for express entry as I qualify but I don't have my old passport as it is still with the home office. Did you have your old passport with all the stamps when you applied?
Or did you just offer an explanation that your passport was with the home office as you still had an application? Please let me know. Thanks.