Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Dear Members

I feel I could get some help regarding my situation in this thread.

After 2 years of work visa in UK i applied for a student visa, unfortunately it got rejected. I made an appeal against the decision and stayed in UK for an year (Apr 2014 - Apr 2015). The court scheduled the first hearing in Oct 2014, but it got postponed to March 2015. I was unable to attend the hearing in March 2015 due to emergency family circumstances back in India, so I withdraw my appeal by informing the tribunal through email and left UK voluntarily. The tribunal made a decision against me in my absence afterwards.

In UK once a refusal decision was made on visa application, the applicant is obliged to leave the country or make a new application or re-appeal to higher tribunal within 28 days. I left the country on my own within that 28 days. I have no record on my UK PCC

While I am waiting for my court hearing I worked as full time employee. Since my work status during appeal remain same as that of my previous work visa as per UK Immigration act 3c.

Now I have few concerns regarding my PR application which I am about to submit.

1. in IMM0008 I mentioned my status as worker while I was waiting for decision on my appeal. I did this because my status remains as work visa until a decision has made.

2. How may I prove/inform CIC about my status during appeal period. Do CIC accept the references pointing UK Immigration ACT 3C? or do i have to provide any legal opinion letters from solicitors stating the same?

Please kindly provide me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I don't believe you UK situation will affect your allocation. However you have to be honest about it and explain in detail what happened. I know someone who had a similar situation. He checked one of then boxes indicating he was ordered to leave another and then gave some detain in the space provided. Honesty is the way to go as they have a way of checking with other countries. And honestly I wouldn't go overboard to provide ACT 3C/legal opinion letters as you are NOW applying from your own country.
And the good thing is you have no record on your police certificate!
Good luck!

*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/overstayed-visa-in-usa-no-criminal-record-t220056.0.html

If you search the forum there are loads of info regarding previous overstay in another country (provided there was no crim record) which has no bearing on Canadian permanent resident application.
*Mandie*

Ruban04

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
September 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Please update your visa status...did you get the visa or not!!

Ruban04

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
September 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..