+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OVERSTAYED IN CANADA FOR 2 MONTHS AND RE-ENTER

kellydinh141

Jun 18, 2018
Hi everybody, I really need advice about my friend's situation. He came here at the beginning of September 2017 as a visitor visa. He comes from Slovakia (Basically Europe). He went to high school in Canada during the time he stays here as he said that he was allowed studying in Canada during his trip. He was supposed to leave Canada at the end of March 2018 as the expired date in his visa, but he overstayed 2 months to finish school and he has just left on 18th June 2018. When he came to the airport to leave, they didn't ask him anything about overstay or the time he was in Canada. My question is that:
1. Will he get any bad stuff in his record?
2. Will he still able to come back to Canada in a few months to study at the university with the study permit? Or can he apply for a study permit to study in Canada after overstaying?
3. Will he be banned from coming back to Canada for a period of time?
Thank you guys! Have a nice day.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He wasn't actually allowed to study without paying international fees unless his parents were in Canada working or studying. Some school boards seem to accept students without asking too many questions on humanitarian grounds. He would not have had any problem leaving but will likely have problem returning to Canada in the future. He will have to admit to overstaying and hope that his honesty is rewarded. Considering he also attended high school without paying international fees I'm not sure how much that will also complicate issues.

kellydinh141

Jun 18, 2018
He wasn't actually allowed to study without paying international fees unless his parents were in Canada working or studying. Some school boards seem to accept students without asking too many questions on humanitarian grounds. He would not have had any problem leaving but will likely have problem returning to Canada in the future. He will have to admit to overstaying and hope that his honesty is rewarded. Considering he also attended high school without paying international fees I'm not sure how much that will also complicate issues.
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I don't think he didn't pay international tuition fees. I think his parents already paid for tuition fee and homestay and everything during his trip to Canada. So if he already paid for it, would he have any trouble to comeback here in the future to study university?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You can no longer be admitted on any temporary residence visa for having multiple contraventions of the immigration act. Namely for remaining in Canada beyond the validity of your status and for attending school without authorization.

You may be admitted again in the future if substantial amount of time has passed since your departure.