+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed applying for PR

Jayo2k

May 28, 2017
Hi there, I will try to be as cleat as possible;
I was in Canada as a international student. I left and came back as a visitor on a 6 months stays (I am from a visa exempt country). I then applied for an extension which was granted until let say july15th 2016 (not the actual date). On december 2015 I entered a pool for work holliday and got selected late february (false date, I mean false months but the days are correct) then applied for the work permit and got it on july 5th. I had 1 year to activate it.
Anyway I stayed beyong my authorization and was selling online to support me. 7 months later I decided to activate the work permit (meaning I was overstaying for 7 months and selling online which I do not think this qualify for unauthorized work). I let to Iceland then came back the day after to validate my work permit. All was done good, they did not saw my overstay.

NOW, my wife applied for permanent residency H&R, got approval in Principe and the cic told her to add me in the application. We were very honest in our background, stated I was a visitor from april 2015 to february 2017... I guess the agents knows I can not be a visitor that long and we also stated that i was selling online all this time...

Do you think that would have an effect on our application and has any effect on my current work visa?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi there, I will try to be as cleat as possible;
I was in Canada as a international student. I left and came back as a visitor on a 6 months stays (I am from a visa exempt country). I then applied for an extension which was granted until let say july15th 2016 (not the actual date). On december 2015 I entered a pool for work holliday and got selected late february (false date, I mean false months but the days are correct) then applied for the work permit and got it on july 5th. I had 1 year to activate it.
Anyway I stayed beyong my authorization and was selling online to support me. 7 months later I decided to activate the work permit (meaning I was overstaying for 7 months and selling online which I do not think this qualify for unauthorized work). I let to Iceland then came back the day after to validate my work permit. All was done good, they did not saw my overstay.

NOW, my wife applied for permanent residency H&R, got approval in Principe and the cic told her to add me in the application. We were very honest in our background, stated I was a visitor from april 2015 to february 2017... I guess the agents knows I can not be a visitor that long and we also stated that i was selling online all this time...

Do you think that would have an effect on our application and has any effect on my current work visa?
Overstaying and applying for PR through your wife is fine and the law states that they can't deny you based off that however working online while in a Canada without a work permit? I'm pretty sure that's still considered working illegally.

Jayo2k

May 28, 2017
Overstaying and applying for PR through your wife is fine and the law states that they can't deny you based off that however working online while in a Canada without a work permit? I'm pretty sure that's still considered working illegally.
Thanks for your reply, so you are saying that we should not worry and everything will be fine?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Thanks for your reply, so you are saying that we should not worry and everything will be fine?
You mentioned that you told someone you were working whilst in Canada without a work permit? Depending on who that is and what they do with that information you can be in trouble but otherwise you're fine. It's legal for you to apply for a PR through the family class after overstaying

Josh2k

Jul 1, 2017
You mentioned that you told someone you were working whilst in Canada without a work permit? Depending on who that is and what they do with that information you can be in trouble but otherwise you're fine. It's legal for you to apply for a PR through the family class after overstaying
Well I was selling on Amazon, I was only selling in USA, just asking my supplier to ship my products to Amazon and I will only answer messages from customers... Amazon was doing the shipping. And I mentioned that I was selling online in the application

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Well I was selling on Amazon, I was only selling in USA, just asking my supplier to ship my products to Amazon and I will only answer messages from customers... Amazon was doing the shipping. And I mentioned that I was selling online in the application
Hopefully someone else can confirm this isn't a problem.