+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstay in USA

Tweeny123

Oct 15, 2019
Pls i need advice on this...
I came into the united states with a visiting visa, and overstayed by 1year. I went back to my home country voluntarily and plan to apply for the express entry into Canada. I am in the medical field and in my mid twenties. Does my overstay affect my chances of getting into Canada? Pls i need inputs. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came into the united states with a visiting visa, and overstayed by 1year. I went back to my home country voluntarily and plan to apply for the express entry into Canada. I am in the medical field and in my mid twenties. Does my overstay affect my chances of getting into Canada? Pls i need inputs. Thanks
If you are a physician you shouldn’t attempt to come to Canada if you want to practice medicine. If you are honest about your overstay you can apply for PR but will have difficulty being approved for a visitor, tourist and work visa. Also you have to assume that travel to the US us out of the question.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Provided you fully declare the overstay, it is not a reason for refusal.