+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstay in US=inadmissable for temp canada visas?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she is already able to teach and seems to be a partner in a private daycare or school there would be no need for her to return to school. Also no need for her to attend school in Canada. Yes there is no age limit when it comes to studying but it must make logical sense based on her career, her family and must make financial sense. Many try to return to school when they don’t qualify for other immigration programs with their families. You seem to have a very nice life wherever you live. It would make no sense for your wife to return to school in Canada to study what sounds like early childhood education. If she was looking to do a PhD then her chances would be a lot better.

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
She plans to pursue, not sure the exact title, child education in centennial college. It think it is the 2yr program with the opportunity to continue. Not sure about its quality but she told me they a children care center so that she can gain handson experience.

All i know is the US. But i know that canada has good education system as well. I want her to absorb the professionalism in her field. Thats a plus in addition to the basic education she will from a college level.

Her bosses agree she still wants to pursue education even when she is not that young anymore. Dont we all see the same?

I am in the middle of contacting Mr Cohen's team. Hope they can give us a clue or two on how to handle the overstay. Wish us luck. Thanks!

What program does she plan to take in Canada? Which school and what level of education? Diploma? Post graduate diploma?

Why does she have to come all the way to Canada to take this course?

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
I understand your point of view.

Sometimes when you found the true love, you dont have no choice but to pursue it.

Me, never have no problem with money when i worked as a cpa. But i didnt feel it. It was boring. And 3 yrs ago I dared my self to the thing I was supposed to do 25 yrs ago after i became the world champ in investing.

Here i am. Now, I make my highest one year income in USA in just one day doing the thing i love. Trading. But its not money that makes me happy. Its the actions. The life.

I know it is not easy to get it when you havent found the true love. But that is it.

(Btw, now i consider to find ways to invest. Or to set up a business, maybe a hedge fund. Hope Cohen be able to find the best solution)

If she is already able to teach and seems to be a partner in a private daycare or school there would be no need for her to return to school. Also no need for her to attend school in Canada. Yes there is no age limit when it comes to studying but it must make logical sense based on her career, her family and must make financial sense. Many try to return to school when they don’t qualify for other immigration programs with their families. You seem to have a very nice life wherever you live. It would make no sense for your wife to return to school in Canada to study what sounds like early childhood education. If she was looking to do a PhD then her chances would be a lot better.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand your point of view.

Sometimes when you found the true love, you dont have no choice but to pursue it.

Me, never have no problem with money when i worked as a cpa. But i didnt feel it. It was boring. And 3 yrs ago I dared my self to the thing I was supposed to do 25 yrs ago after i became the world champ in investing.

Here i am. Now, I make my highest one year income in USA in just one day doing the thing i love. Trading. But its not money that makes me happy. Its the actions. The life.

I know it is not easy to get it when you havent found the true love. But that is it.

(Btw, now i consider to find ways to invest. Or to set up a business, maybe a hedge fund. Hope Cohen be able to find the best solution)
She can pursue studies in the US or anywhere else in the world. There is no specific reason to uproot a family if she is already able to teach and she does not need to work given your income. It is just clear the you would like to immigrate so that is why you can anticipate that her study permit is likely to be denied.

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
Well, it is clear to me you havent found your passion, my friend.

She only speaks english and we like cold weather. Any other country than canada? Come on, dont even think about the US.

And please dont mention money when it comes to passion.

She can pursue studies in the US or anywhere else in the world. There is no specific reason to uproot a family if she is already able to teach and she does not need to work given your income. It is just clear the you would like to immigrate so that is why you can anticipate that her study permit is likely to be denied.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

She only speaks english and we like cold weather. Any other country than canada? Come on, dont even think about the US.

Speaking English and liking cold weather have little to do with applying for a study program.

In any case, you said you're working with the lawyers at Cohen. Best to get your advice from them - from what you're saying here, it's apparent that you wish to immigrate. There are various routes open to people who have the money, and lawyers are the best people to help.

Reactions: Barney71

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You keep on talking about passion. She has already been able to teach and is a partner in what sounds like a preschool so a study permit is not logical. Clearly your goal is to immigrate so you need to explore immigration options. As I’m sure you are aware early childhood educators do not make much and international student fees are expensive. It would also not make any sense for someone with an MBA and who likely a well paying job to come to Canada in order to make less money wherever you are currently living. In order to qualify for a study permit it must make sense and lead to better career opportunities. I know you are likely to still apply for the study permit but we have explained why are you likely to be denied.

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks. Obviously, you can only think people do things for money only.

Again, thanks.

You keep on talking about passion. She has already been able to teach and is a partner in what sounds like a preschool so a study permit is not logical. Clearly your goal is to immigrate so you need to explore immigration options. As I’m sure you are aware early childhood educators do not make much and international student fees are expensive. It would also not make any sense for someone with an MBA and who likely a well paying job to come to Canada in order to make less money wherever you are currently living. In order to qualify for a study permit it must make sense and lead to better career opportunities. I know you are likely to still apply for the study permit but we have explained why are you likely to be denied.

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
Yes were exchanging emails. Also I look for ways to invest. I prefer to open up a hedge fund if possible.

Speaking English and liking cold weather have little to do with applying for a study program.

In any case, you said you're working with the lawyers at Cohen. Best to get your advice from them - from what you're saying here, it's apparent that you wish to immigrate. There are various routes open to people who have the money, and lawyers are the best people to help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes were exchanging emails. Also I look for ways to invest. I prefer to open up a hedge fund if possible.
Do you mean start a hedge fund in Canada? If so, there are a ton of rules / regulations involved to do this legally and I don't think this is a path to immigration that's really viable. If you want to immigrate through investing money, look into a different type of business. Way too much red tape in hedge funds...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. Obviously, you can only think people do things for money only.

Again, thanks.
We are talking about immigration and study permits. Money and career progression factor into the decision to approve a study permit. If your wife only wants to follow her passion she could remain where she is ans take classes at the local school.

Barney71

Aug 23, 2019
Just want to share a good news. My wife just received her study permit.

The keys here are
Have confidence. Know your strengths and weaknesses.
Provide a convincing cover letter. Get help from the best. I happened to help to underline her passion in the field so that the readers/officers would see why this why that. No need to create nonsense. Just be yourself and explain yourself the best others could see.
Btw, it took me one week to ascertain the letter be humble but shining, focusing on her passion more valueable than money and status.

Thanks for... Everything