+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstay in Canada effecs on PR

giuseppe1795

Jul 31, 2017
Hello thanks in advance for your replays.

Here my story I came to canada in January 2013 as dependent on my parents application.

They had a work permit and everything expired on May 2015 when they left Canada while I extended my status aa visitor at that point got approved to stary untill January 2016.

At that point i requested an othere extension and I have been in implied status until I receved a refusal May 30 that I appealed and I receved confirmation of their decision on June 10. 2016

In that year I met my wife. I Overstay we got married in February 2017 in Canada and in May 2017 we traveled to Italy so that she could meet my family.

Now I'm planning to go back to Toronto with her and apply for a PR and OWP.

Since I overstayed from
June 2016
To May 2017
Almost a year considering the above information would I be worried for my entry.

My ETA has been already approved.

Would I be worried for my PR?
Could this effect my application?

giuseppe1795

Jul 31, 2017
I stayed at my wife place. Living with her and the sister.

I managed then to borrow some money from my parents and she managed to come up with some savings.
And on January we booked for our marriage and we got married the 26 of February.

Then we prepared to leave for Italy since i couldn't stay, and we got a bit of delays since she is Filipina and needed a visa and the calendar was over booked for italian visas. We where planning to leave as soon as we married. And we thought since she has a PR i could had ask for status coming back and be legal in Canada while waiting for my sponsorship application and open work permit to be approved.

I also went back because my family has a business there and they had work for me. I needed to save some money since i can't work in Canada.

Between my savings and my wife savings we have 3400$ of which ill bring from Italy the equivalent of 1500$.

If i need to show ties i can have proof that my family can employ me anytime i am back if that would help

We are planning do go stay at my sister in law's place until i will be authorized to work.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Now I'm planning to go back to Toronto with her and apply for a PR and OWP.

Since I overstayed from
June 2016
To May 2017
Almost a year considering the above information would I be worried for my entry.

My ETA has been already approved.
Yes you may have cause to worry. You have shown disregard for Canada's visitor rules in the past, so there is a chance the CBSA officer you encounter will see this, come to the conclusion you are attempting to "live" in Canada as a visitor so may overstay your status again, and deny you entry so would force you back on a return flight to Italy.

There is no guaranteed yes or no answer here, it all depends on CBSA officer you happen to encounter.

Would I be worried for my PR?
Could this effect my application?
No, a previous overstay should not have any impact on a future PR app.
If you can enter Canada you can apply inland.
If you are denied entry to Canada, then you would need to apply outland for PR while in another country.