+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021
My dependants finally got their PR visa stamped and I have scheduled their fights for Next week, anyone with an idea how to beat the mandatory hotel quarantine? It's damn expensive

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
My dependants finally got their PR visa stamped and I have scheduled their fights for Next week, anyone with an idea how to beat the mandatory hotel quarantine? It's damn expensive
Congratulations..... Heard if you have someone near the airport your family will arrive at, they may stay there so you don't have to pay all the fees charged. Don't know how accurate the info is though.... When did you become a permanent resident, where is your VO and when did you apply for your family?
Thanks for sharing...

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
My spouse got pre arrival services letter ! Guess what the application was transferred from Dar es salaam VO to Hong Kong Because the e mail they sent came from Hong Kong consular section . I knew this is the new practice of IRCC but didnt know this will happen to my spouse!

NB. The last update was medical received in january2021

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021
Congratulations..... Heard if you have someone near the airport your family will arrive at, they may stay there so you don't have to pay all the fees charged. Don't know how accurate the info is though.... When did you become a permanent resident, where is your VO and when did you apply for your family?
Thanks for sharing...
I became a PR on Jan 25, 2021, a year after my application. I have two families being Muslim. I migrated with my wife and children but, my other family members were in the US. I was on a concurrent pilot program hence the speed. Stamping of their visa after passport request only took 3 days.

Reactions: Abtols

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I became a PR on Jan 25, 2021, a year after my application. I have two families being Muslim. I migrated with my wife and children but, my other family members were in the US. I was on a concurrent pilot program hence the speed. Stamping of their visa after passport request only took 3 days.
Maa Shaa Allah, bhaya!
Eid Mubarak to all Muslims across the globe....

Reactions: Abtols

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
My spouse application status changed to decision made. Also got his pre arrival letter but nothing after that. Any idea how long will it take for passport request

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
My spouse got pre arrival services letter ! Guess what the application was transferred from Dar es salaam VO to Hong Kong Because the e mail they sent came from Hong Kong consular section . I knew this is the new practice of IRCC but didnt know this will happen to my spouse!

NB. The last update was medical received in january2021
Hey! Congrats! Seems eligibility is passed. Why send it to Hong Kong? Will they be the ones processing your application from here on?

Reactions: mugere

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
My spouse application status changed to decision made. Also got his pre arrival letter but nothing after that. Any idea how long will it take for passport request
I cant tell u exactly when but u are lucky your spouse got DM , PPR is very very soon

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey! Congrats! Seems eligibility is passed. Why send it to Hong Kong? Will they be the ones processing your application from here on?
Thank u! IRCC is sending some applications from offices which are affected by COVID to offices which have enough staff working , it is happening to many applicants in different categories, so ours was sent in Hong Kong

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
My dear, you have long be expecting your dependants and now that you have finally succeed, just pay 1080 CAD for them to stay in quarantine instead of trying to beat it. Let them start with clean slate since they are not citizens yet.
Please can you share your time line when you added your spouse? Thanks

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I sent to Vienna office pr aplication for my husband. On Monday they got it and we received medical exam requests and today we got pre arrival letter. I think this is to fast they start processing his aplication. Medical exam not passed yet.what is mean that, they gonna finish his pr process faster?

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I sent to Vienna office pr aplication for my husband. On Monday they got it and we received medical exam requests and today we got pre arrival letter. I think this is to fast they start processing his aplication. Medical exam not passed yet.what is mean that, they gonna finish his pr process faster?
Nice... Can you share your time-line, please?

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Shwre ur

can u share ur timeline please when did u send his app to VO

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Nice... Can you share your time-line, please?
He is dependent outCanada. Canada immigration asked us transfer his aplication to Viena because they are reasonable process his aplication. We send by DHL 8 May and they received 11 May. And we got email 14 May that they start process his aplication and they asked medical exam. Today we got pre arrival letter. Next Monday he will go for medical exam.