+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yes. I was told to submit forms and supporting documents to London office.
Thanks for your reply after AIP how long take you received email to send your family application to London VO . I mean which date AIP and which date Ask your family documents?

Last edited:

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
I have checked but this isnt helping.my wife and i lived in country wish is not our home and we lived always in hiding from the authority.so how can we get that when we are always at risk of being caught as we dont have documents?
If you cannot submit a required document, you should explain the reasons in a letter to IRCC. Also you should add some evidence that support your reasons. A letter from a lawyer from that country may help. also all documents related your stay at that country may help I think.

But best way, you should contact an immigration lawyer or immigration consultant, because Police certificate is part of security screening and security is a critical step for PR. IRCC do not skip this step. Lawyers face more case than we are and They can show more ways than this forum.

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
If you cannot submit a required document, you should explain the reasons in a letter to IRCC. Also you should add some evidence that support your reasons. A letter from a lawyer from that country may help. also all documents related your stay at that country may help I think.

But best way, you should contact an immigration lawyer or immigration consultant, because Police certificate is part of security screening and security is a critical step for PR. IRCC do not skip this step. Lawyers face more case than we are and They can show more ways than this forum.
Okey thank you.i will try to get an immigration lawyer.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
There is a hastag on twitter to prioritize spousal sponsorship. You might want to join the call for expediting spousal applications, especially in this pandemic.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I submitted my family forms two days ago through webform and email, received a confirmation email the next day.
Did they asked to submit through email? and what was the confirmation email you receive? Did they provide you UCI# or file application number?

Please let me know

Reactions: saidur

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I am on this thread for the first time.
My question is from anyone whose spouse/family outside Canada has file under process at the London Visa Office?
How long do they take to process the file? My husband has sent his application since 2 weeks and no news yet.
Thanks
Hello Katbiya, I hope you are doing well. My husband was also asked to send his document to London office. Could you please guide us what is the best way to do it . Did you mail it or through web form? Please share your experience. Thank you and best of luck

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hello Katbiya, I hope you are doing well. My husband was also asked to send his document to London office. Could you please guide us what is the best way to do it . Did you mail it or through web form? Please share your experience. Thank you and best of luck
Hello dear,

I am sending you the email the London Visa office sent to my husband's inquiry. The London Visa Office email address is: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Thank you for your email.

Please find below the answers to your queries:

1) You can submit a copy of your marriage and birth certificates, however, you must submit an original police certificate.

2) We do not need you original passport. Please submit only a copy of the bio page of your passport.

3) Photographs are not required at this stage.

4) You do not need to undergo a medical examination at this stage. Instructions will be sent by our office when the examinations is required.

5) Visa fees should already have been paid by your spouse in Canada when he/she submitted his/her application.

6) You can submit the requested documents by mail to the following address:

Canada House | Maison du Canada

Immigration Section

Trafalgar Square

London | Londres

SW1Y 5BJ

UK

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Hello dear,

I am sending you the email the London Visa office sent to my husband's inquiry. The London Visa Office email address is: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Thank you for your email.

Please find below the answers to your queries:

1) You can submit a copy of your marriage and birth certificates, however, you must submit an original police certificate.

2) We do not need you original passport. Please submit only a copy of the bio page of your passport.

3) Photographs are not required at this stage.

4) You do not need to undergo a medical examination at this stage. Instructions will be sent by our office when the examinations is required.

5) Visa fees should already have been paid by your spouse in Canada when he/she submitted his/her application.

6) You can submit the requested documents by mail to the following address:

Canada House | Maison du Canada

Immigration Section

Trafalgar Square

London | Londres

SW1Y 5BJ

UK
When did u submit his forms?

Jalal222

Oct 24, 2019
Hello friends,
Hope you are good.
I’m an overseas spouse and I sent my application by mail to the visa office in Cairo 6 months ago. No new. I wrote separately to the IRCC via we webform and emailed the migration section at Canada embassy in Cairo. Today I got two replies: IRCC confirmed the application is in process but the embassy said they did not get it from the visa office! Is this normal? Should I worry?
thanks

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
Hello friends,
Hope you are good.
I’m an overseas spouse and I sent my application by mail to the visa office in Cairo 6 months ago. No new. I wrote separately to the IRCC via we webform and emailed the migration section at Canada embassy in Cairo. Today I got two replies: IRCC confirmed the application is in process but the embassy said they did not get it from the visa office! Is this normal? Should I worry?
thanks
u call the Cairo embassy and send the tracking number of ur mail when u sent the documents to the embassy they should receive ur application only then that can process ,

Reactions: Jalal222

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
they take at least three months to process from London consulate
Hi. Do you know if someone recently received PR for dependent from London in 3 months? I applied for my daughter in November but have not heard anything since then.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
they take at least three months to process from London consulate
Thanks for sharing this information. Do you have an idea of how the long the whole process take? If they start processing in 3 months I wonder how long it will take to complete the process :-(...