+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

Good news, got biometric instruction for my wife,

I paid the fee last year 2019 September, today got instruction.

Just want to know what comes after submitting Biometrics, and in practice how long it takes?
as we moved to the vaccine period hope Covid 19 will not be an issue.
Biometric instruction means they have started processing your dependent's application. After biometrics you should expect medical request. The timline totally depends on VO you are working with. We got medical request 10 days after biometrics. (Rome VO)

Reactions: Ratmir

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Biometric instruction means they have started processing your dependent's application. After biometrics you should expect medical request. The timline totally depends on VO you are working with. We got medical request 10 days after biometrics. (Rome VO)
Thank you for your reply,

But they did medical in November already, tomorrow my wife will have biometrics. and what comes next?:) anything you know about that?

SODEEP

Mar 2, 2020
I sent the forms to the visa office on March 2019 and again on november 2020 they requested for the same 4 types of forms and additional documents. I already sent the forms and the requested documents to the visa office by e-mail. How long does it take for the process usually take to be completed. And what will be the next step after this...Thank u

hamo9ody

Mar 4, 2019
received eligibility letter today and it says that i need to submit my spouse application to abu dhabi visa office. Anyone knows their address also can I submit the forms by email?. I am may 6, 2019 applicant.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for your reply,

But they did medical in November already, tomorrow my wife will have biometrics. and what comes next?:) anything you know about that?
Unfortunatly it is very hard to know what come next with Canadian bureaucracy :p

Joking aside; you should expect DM as next step. But when it may happen is hard to know.

I hope your dependents will get DM very soon.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
igot email asking to submit spousal forms, problem is that my spouse lives. In a country where his visa got expired and hes living there kind illegally.. what ircc is going to do about it? I am scared that his visa would be rejected?? Any information regarding this

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
igot email asking to submit spousal forms, problem is that my spouse lives. In a country where his visa got expired and hes living there kind illegally.. what ircc is going to do about it? I am scared that his visa would be rejected?? Any information regarding this
Do not worry about this problem. IRCC is well aware of this kind of situations and they do not have any policy to refuse PR applicants because of visa over stay. As long as you explain your wife's situation well and clear, it will be ok.

Only problem that may come up is police certificate request. According to policy if your wife stays more then 6 months in any country other then her country of citizenship she needs to obtain police certificate. But there is a IRCC policy for you to explain why you can not obtain the police certificate.

So be clear and open. Explain everything and you will be ok in this situation.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Do not worry about this problem. IRCC is well aware of this kind of situations and they do not have any policy to refuse PR applicants because of visa over stay. As long as you explain your wife's situation well and clear, it will be ok.

Only problem that may come up is police certificate request. According to policy if your wife stays more then 6 months in any country other then her country of citizenship she needs to obtain police certificate. But there is a IRCC policy for you to explain why you can not obtain the police certificate.

So be clear and open. Explain everything and you will be ok in this situation.
Yes i am planning to write a letter.. just one thing more, do i need to obtain a police certificate frm both the coutries (over stayed country and citizen country) Since the letter doesn’t mentioned any country name i am confused.
the over stayed country he cannot get(obvious reason) and what about citizen country?

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Yes i am planning to write a letter.. just one thing more, do i need to obtain a police certificate frm both the coutries (over stayed country and citizen country) Since the letter doesn’t mentioned any country name i am confused.
the over stayed country he cannot get(obvious reason) and what about citizen country?
IRCC do not require PPC from country of citizenship. If it is easy to obtain; it would not hurt to include.

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
received eligibility letter today and it says that i need to submit my spouse application to abu dhabi visa office. Anyone knows their address also can I submit the forms by email?. I am may 6, 2019 applicant.
Congratulations @hamo9ody for starting your spouse's process.

Abu Dhabi office does not accept emails or faxed applications. you need to fill them, sign where it is applicable, collect other supporting documents and send them by mail to their mail address:

Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
10th Floor Abu Dhabi Trade Tower
West Tower, Abu Dhabi Mall
PO Box 6970
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

As per the email we received from them, VO Abu Dhabi does not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. You need to send it by courier and check the delivery using your shipment tracking number.

They have two email addresses, you can use them to ask questions and communicate:
ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
abdbi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Wish you all the luck! :)

hamo9ody

Mar 4, 2019
Congratulations @hamo9ody for starting your spouse's process.

Abu Dhabi office does not accept emails or faxed applications. you need to fill them, sign where it is applicable, collect other supporting documents and send them by mail to their mail address:

Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
10th Floor Abu Dhabi Trade Tower
West Tower, Abu Dhabi Mall
PO Box 6970
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

As per the email we received from them, VO Abu Dhabi does not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. You need to send it by courier and check the delivery using your shipment tracking number.

They have two email addresses, you can use them to ask questions and communicate:
ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
abdbi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Wish you all the luck! :)
Thank you for your reply. On the IMM008 form it ask about the dependant Type what should I select? There are three options Type A,B,C.