+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
No update
Its too late did you contact the vfs , i am in the same situation, and worried about my family .do you know where we can send the inquiry request .or any other member knows what we can do if its taking too long to return passport after ppr thanks

Alli647

May 6, 2019
Its too late did you contact the vfs , i am in the same situation, and worried about my family .do you know where we can send the inquiry request .or any other member knows what we can do if its taking too long to return passport after ppr thanks
You can email to London visa office if no response after 4 weeks. Make sure you refer the following instructions. When I sent them inquiry they said there is no reason to check with LVO if passport is in ISB. I am confused if they read the letter before sending me.

PROCESSING TIMES: Your application will be finalized within approximately 4 weeks from the date your passport(s) and all the required documents are received. Please allow an additional 13 days for the return of your passport(s) by courier, if applicable. If you have not received your passport after 4 weeks, you may contact us at the IRCC London office using the email form on our website. Please send all enquiries regarding this application to the IRCC London office (not the IRCC Islamabad office).

Reactions: SURVIVAL

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
how long it takes for the spouse overseas to receive the letter to submit the medical and security certificates, after the family inside canada gets their COPR?

Any info?

Reactions: jack_2001

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
6 to 12 months, since covid 19 disturb the processing time
HiAmjad.ADKBK

What are you talking about, how 6-12 months to receive notification letter to do medicals,,,,, pls read well before you put information that makes people sad and disappointed.......

after this notification letter there is a process to do medical exam... it cant be 6-12 months to get this letter

Reactions: jack_2001

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
HiAmjad.ADKBK

What are you talking about, how 6-12 months to receive notification letter to do medicals,,,,, pls read well before you put information that makes people sad and disappointed.......

after this notification letter there is a process to do medical exam... it cant be 6-12 months to get this letter

So you ask questions that you have answers already??

He gave the answer based on his experience.

I got PR in december 2019.

My overseas file is at V.O since october 2019

Reactions: Amjad.ADKBK

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
So you ask questions that you have answers already??

He gave the answer based on his experience.

I got PR in december 2019.

My overseas file is at V.O since october 2019
hope your family will get good news soon , i will pray for you. my spouse got PR in DEC2019 same as you and i got Email to send passport few days ago .
Regards

Reactions: SURVIVAL

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
HiAmjad.ADKBK

This is ugly truth and you have to be ready for 6 to 12 month based on a lot of applicants , and during this time you will pass by many stages
1. you will receive Email from visa office asking you to send some forms and document as per check list
2.if they need any additional information they will send you email
after 3 to 6 month (security screening )
3.you will receive medical test instruction
4. you will receive passport request to get visa in my case 14 days after medical received

i can feel you angry and disappointed, it happened to me but i didn't miss my language with any one . and yes i read your question before i answer you no matter if you don't like the answer.
Patience is the key

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
This is ugly truth and you have to be ready for 6 to 12 month based on a lot of applicants , and during this time you will pass by many stages
1. you will receive Email from visa office asking you to send some forms and document as per check list
2.if they need any additional information they will send you email
after 3 to 6 month (security screening )
3.you will receive medical test instruction
4. you will receive passport request to get visa in my case 14 days after medical received

i can feel you angry and disappointed, it happened to me but i didn't miss my language with any one . and yes i read your question before i answer you no matter if you don't like the answer.
Patience is the key
@amjad, you analysis reflects the reality of the Covid 19 era. Before then, outland dependants used to be processed within 4months after PA get approved for PR.

However, there is a change in policy from the 4th December 2019. Applications are now being processed concurrently for applicants with dependents outland ( I recently got my GCMS notes and I noticed that my spouse criminality is also in process, same as mine) Which means processing time will almost be the same with PA.

We all just have to wait and be calm. IRCC is doing the best they can in this situation. These delays isn't really their fault. We should just try and go on with our lives... I can't believe it's almost 10 months since I submitted!!!... Before we know it, it will be all over.
Let's stay strong!!!