+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Spearman123

Jan 20, 2018
Need help to fill Overseas family Visa application form ...
for my wife , son (+18) and daughter 16 and 12

1-Programs under which you are applying?
2-categories under which you are Appying ?

3-how many number of applicants because my son is over 18 , would he fill separate application,

In back ground schedule there one another option of sign “ solemn declaration “ should they sign also this one ?

Do Daughter need to sign ?

Thanks
@YoYo81
Should i include the main applicant in number of members or only overseas dependent ( wife and kids ) !!??

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
i mean when i fill out imm0008 for overseas dependent for Spouse and 2 kids .... should be 3 or
4 by adding me the main applicant
Yes, when you fill imm0008 in question 3 ( total number of family) you should counts all family members including main applicant in Canada so in your case it’s 4

Spearman123

Jan 20, 2018
Yes, when you fill imm0008 in question 3 ( total number of family) you should counts all family members including main applicant in Canada so in your case it’s 4
Sorry i made a typo i mean when my Spouse fill out her IMM0008 should she put the family numbers included in this application 3 ??

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Sorry i made a typo i mean when my Spouse fill out her IMM0008 should she put the family numbers included in this application 3 ??
No, she should include all family members herself and you as spouse even if you are in Canada also the two kids which mean 4 members in your case ( if she has only two kids)

Reactions: Spearman123

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Only overseas members.
Thanks
No , it’s the number of whole family members, check the following CIC webpage
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

If you read it carefully you’ll find this part :

Question 3

Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

This part mean the applicant should mention the number of whole family members wherever they are and regardless if they will travel with the applicant or not.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
No , it’s the number of whole family members, check the following CIC webpage
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

If you read it carefully you’ll find this part :

Question 3

Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

This part mean the applicant should mention the number of whole family members wherever they are and regardless if they will travel with the applicant or not.
In my oversee family I just put only 4 members , my wife and three kids , and it did work. , they did ask more more form and documents but they ask any things in first visa documents, even I sent my son all visa form separate and in his form I just mentioned only him , but in his mother application you also mentioned him . What I saw if you mentioned 5 people and will not give the details of the main applicant in Canada , it will not validate, it’s validate with the number of applicant and with their details , it’s my persona experience, but @YoYo81 is also the senior person , always ask him to give me advice .
Thanks