+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi Yo Yo

I hope you get the passport request for visa , I would like to tell you that I just recived the GCMS report can you tell me what important things I can find in this report .Thanks
Hello Safer, thank you for asking. Actually my medical check was submitted on 27 November and I’m still waiting for DM and PPR . For atip the most important when the PR application process take more time than usual is security screening part and you’ll find it only in CBSA notes ( security start date and security screening start date and type) also you can know from CSIS if your application under their review or not and if it’s finalized they’ll mention the start and end date . I think in your case it’s better if you order CBSA and CSIS to check. Anyway from my opinion the important part in IRCC GCMS is second page which you’ll find the status of Eligibility , Security,Criminality and Medical. I guess your spouse application status as following:
Eligibility: passed
Security:
Criminality: passed
Medical: Not start

Correct me if my guess wrong.Also check the end of page two under APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT ,from my experience if there is date on DUE DATE it’s good indication as VO agent putting this date to check if there is update about security screening from CBSA or not . In my case it was no date there until one month before finalizing my security screening. Also check NOTES part ( last 5 pages) , check the last note from VO agent to know what was for and when.
Also check the first page third line Updated Date , just to know when was last update on your application.
Im not sure if this will help you or not but this is how I did my self and it’s better if you compare between GCMS notes to know if there is progress and understand how the VO agent dealing with the application.
Hope your spouse get PPR soon and join you , all the best

Last edited:

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hello Safer, thank you for asking. Actually my medical check was submitted on 27 November and I’m still waiting for DM and PPR . For atip the most important when the PR application process take more time than usual is security screening part and you’ll find it only in CBSA notes ( security start date and security screening start date and type) also you can know from CSIS if your application under their review or not and if it’s finalized they’ll mention the start and end date . I think in your case it’s better if you order CBSA and CSIS to check. Anyway from my opinion the important part in IRCC GCMS is second page which you’ll find the status of Eligibility , Security,Criminality and Medical. I guess your spouse application status as following:
Security:

Correct me if my guess wrong.Also check the end of page two under APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT ,from my experience if there is date on DUE DATE it’s good indication as VO agent putting this date to check if there is update about security screening from CBSA or not . In my case it was no date there until one month before finalizing my security screening. Also check NOTES part ( last 5 pages) , check the last note from VO agent to know what was for and when.
Also check the first page third line Updated Date , just to know when was last update on your application.
Im not sure if this will help you or not but this is how I did my self and it’s better if you compare between GCMS notes to know if there is progress and understand how the VO agent delaying with the application.
Hi Yo Yo

hope you will get DM very soon , thanks for your great support as you mentioned :-
Security:

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to :
Assigned by :
Due date :- 15/10/2019 ( there is date )

Last Note
5/5/2019
Label : instructions to partners

Update date : 8/9/2019

Thanks for your hope you will land soon .

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi Yo Yo

hope you will get DM very soon , thanks for your great support as you mentioned :-
Security:

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to :
Assigned by :
Due date :- 15/10/2019 ( there is date )

Last Note
5/5/2019
Label : instructions to partners

Update date : 8/9/2019

Thanks for your hope you will land soon .
it’s mean nothing left, only waiting for security screening results from CBSA then medical request.
I think they putted due date based on the last update which was 8/9/2019. Try to find what was last update, check the CORRESPONDENCE , PAPER FILE, EDOCS.
Also order CBSA and CSIS if you still didn’t , good luck :)

Reactions: Safar@2016

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
it’s mean nothing left, only waiting for security screening results from CBSA then medical request.
I think they putted due date based on the last update which was 8/9/2019. Try to find what was last update, check the CORRESPONDENCE , PAPER FILE, EDOCS.
Also order CBSA and CSIS if you still didn’t , good luck :)
You right , I checked as i see the report generation date is 19/9/2019 which is the last update , the delay is because i used the
ApplyGCMS company to get the report but i already requested for new report on 26 Nov.

Thanks for you

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Security:

Im not sure if this will help you or not but this is how I did my self and it’s better if you compare between GCMS notes to know if there is progress and understand how the VO agent delaying with the application.
I just got my GCMS note today, ordered in August and it took them almost 4 months to give that not to me.
but I saw a DUE DATE 2019-12-23, is it a good indication?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I just got my GCMS note today, ordered in August and it took them almost 4 months to give that not to me.
but I saw a DUE DATE 2019-12-23, is it a good indication?
What is your application created date ? and can you tell me what is the GCMS generated date ?

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, do you know when VO starts processing dependants application? Do they waiting for main applicant DM? Cause they asked my wife's docs 2months ago, but there is no DM for me yet.