+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello guys , unfortunately didn’t hear any good news from you about PPR and as I understand most of you here waiting for security check as it’s the longer step in overseas spouse/ dependents application and I’m trying to understand why it takes so long ? I did some research to find out what is the expected timeline for this step and I found @Jizmilak who mentioned in thread about audit report was in 2011 talking about security screening ( http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/english/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html#hd4b ) , the summary of this report as following:
2.40 Applicants aged 18 years and over are subject to criminal and security checks. (A visa officer can also request checks on someone younger if concerns exist.) First, visa officers examine the information and documentation submitted by the applicant. If they determine that an applicant requires a more detailed investigation, the applicant’s file is referred to partners for security screening.

2.41 The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is responsible for supporting the security screening of persons who may be inadmissible. The Agency is the central liaison for the security screening process in partnership with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). The results of the security screening are key to visa officers when making a final determination of an applicant’s admissibility.

Timeliness of security screening.
2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.
I share this with you guys and hope by reading this report will be more understand what actually happens with our application process, I know most of you will see this not enough because the report is old ( since 2011) so maybe now the process is faster or maybe not , no body knows actually. Anyway, let’s be optimistic and hope to get good news soon . Good luck to you all

Jigga77

Aug 19, 2019
Hello all.
I am new here.. I just got a mail from mississauga that I am eligible to apply and I should forward documents to accra visa office.

Got the list of documents and filled them... but the question now is how to send to accra visa office.

I have searched for how to send to accra but no luck. Don't know if I should go to the VFS office in accra..

Please can someone guide me thru.

Thank you.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello all.
I am new here.. I just got a mail from mississauga that I am eligible to apply and I should forward documents to accra visa office.

Got the list of documents and filled them... but the question now is how to send to accra visa office.

I have searched for how to send to accra but no luck. Don't know if I should go to the VFS office in accra..

Thank you.
Can you clarify you eligible to apply for what ?

Jigga77

Aug 19, 2019
Hello all.

Thank you.
No m
Embassy of Canada in Accra address :

Street Address:
42 Independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana
Postal Address :
P.O. Box 1639, Accra, Ghana
Telephone :
233 (302) 21 15 21 / 233 (302) 22 85 55
Fax:
233 (302) 21 15 23 or 77 37 92
Email:
accra@international.gc.ca
Internet :
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/

https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/ghana
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello everyone ,

Just for update

The current status as following :
  1. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM 5 Feb 2019.
  2. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 in 25 Feb 2019.
  3. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident in 26 Feb 2019.
  4. Received documents request by email from VO , requested documents ( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ) , the email was in 25 Mar 2019.
  5. all documents sent to VO via email in 23 Apr 2019.
  6. Received pre-arrival services 28 May 2019.
  7. VO sent email to request extra document 11 June 2019.
  8. Send them the requested document 12 June 2019.

Hope to hear from them soon , best of luck to all :)
Guys, I just checked my application status ( which I check it hourly :D ) and finally they put my medical results received.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received. ( appeared on 28 August 2019 )
hope to receive PPR soon , all the best to all

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Guys, I just checked my application status ( which I check it hourly :D ) and finally they put my medical results received.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received. ( appeared on 28 August 2019 )
hope to receive PPR soon , all the best to all
Good news at least you got update , when you the VO asked you for medical exam and what visa office you apply .thanks .

Reactions: YoYo81

sameh5free

Nov 24, 2018
Hello
Anyone had experience with VO in Cairo how long process takes for my Wife overseas since they started process of her file for permanent residence On August-01-2019 but no medical request yet
Thanks much appreciated