+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.
hey,were you able to link your applicaiton on GCaccount?
4 weeks ago i sent my wife|s applicaiton to VO new delhi.it took 2 weeks to reach there. they sent medical request on 22th July and the next day Pre arrival letter.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
hey,were you able to link your applicaiton on GCaccount?
4 weeks ago i sent my wife|s applicaiton to VO new delhi.it took 2 weeks to reach there. they sent medical request on 22th July and the next day Pre arrival letter.
No it’s not possible to link overseas application to GCacount and I don’t know why . Good luck and please share when your wife get PPR

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I haven’t heard anyone getting any updates for overseas dependents in a while. We need to hear anything to bring us some hope. !!
Just to update, I sent enquiry via webform two weeks ago to told them that my medical exam will expired at the end of this month. They send me email that to send my medical exam report as they didn't know about it o_O also they said that my application still in security check stage and they have no idea when exactly will be finalized. Hope to hear good news from you guys.

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Just to update, I sent enquiry via webform two weeks ago to told them that my medical exam will expired at the end of this month. They send me email that to send my medical exam report as they didn't know about it o_O also they said that my application still in security check stage and they have no idea when exactly will be finalized. Hope to hear good news from you guys.
Same answer as usual, In process/ security check. I got same answer from MP. MP told me the processing time starts when VO received the application not when applicant got DM. Hope to hear good news soon

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
Today I got this email for my wife and three kids .

Kids are age of 19 , 16 and 12 ,

1-Pls guide me further procedures.
170 $ for the whole family or should I deposit separately??

2 - what they do after deposit of fees ???

3- how much time they for the further notification ??

Even my self did not get DM , and I m September 2018 applicant in Canada .

Your help will be apprised

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.

On July 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for some IRCC applicants....

In order for IRCC to process your application, you must complete/submit the following to this office by 2019/09/07 (formatted as “year/month/day”):
$170

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Note: You only need to pay biometric fees at this time. When your application is processed, you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
The requested documents/information, must be submitted by 2019/09/07 (formatted as “year/month/day”). No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may

result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi
Today I got this email for my wife and three kids .

Kids are age of 19 , 16 and 12 ,

1-Pls guide me further procedures.
170 $ for the whole family or should I deposit separately??

2 - what they do after deposit of fees ???

3- how much time they for the further notification ??

Even my self did not get DM , and I m September 2018 applicant in Canada .

Your help will be apprised

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.

On July 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for some IRCC applicants....

In order for IRCC to process your application, you must complete/submit the following to this office by 2019/09/07 (formatted as “year/month/day”):
$170

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application.
Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Note: You only need to pay biometric fees at this time. When your application is processed, you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
The requested documents/information, must be submitted by 2019/09/07 (formatted as “year/month/day”). No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may

result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
How your overseas family got biometric request and you still didn’t get DM ? strange !!

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
How your overseas family got biometric request and you still didn’t get DM ? strange !!
I was not expecting this, and it’s all shows 2 nd notice , on the top of letter . I know one more person got in April 2019 and waiting for the DM .

Do you know what will be the next procedure?
Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I was not expecting this, and it’s all shows 2 nd notice , on the top of letter . I know one more person got in April 2019 and waiting for the DM .

Do you know what will be the next procedure?
Thanks
Usually, when you receive the DM there are forms will be requested from your overseas dependents and should be submitted to VO also any other documents required will be requested later on

Reactions: live&love

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
UPDATE:

Today we received an email from the visa office in Abu Dhabi requesting a lot of documents from my father who’s aboard. The strange thing is that one of the requested documents is the Basis of Claim that my mom made to the refugee board when she filed for asylum, that was done back in 2012 and we are not sure why they requested this file. Anyone happened this with him/her please?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
UPDATE:

Today we received an email from the visa office in Abu Dhabi requesting a lot of documents from my father who’s aboard. The strange thing is that one of the requested documents is the Basis of Claim that my mom made to the refugee board when she filed for asylum, that was done back in 2012 and we are not sure why they requested this file. Anyone happened this with him/her please?
It’s good news that they asking for documents because it’s mean there is progress in your father application :)
I noticed that some users here mentioned that VO asked for BOC , you can check @chabuck and @Refugeee in this thread, I think VO asked thier spouse/dependents to provide BOC too

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
It’s good news that they asking for documents because it’s mean there is progress in your father application :)
I noticed that some users here mentioned that VO asked for BOC , you can check @chabuck and @Refugeee in this thread, I think VO asked thier spouse/dependents to provide BOC too
It’s good, but they requested too many documents and we only have 30 days. Police certificates take about a month in one of the countries he’s been in.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
UPDATE:

Is it the first contact from the VO after submission the application? Or has your father already asked for medical and received pre arrival service letter?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
It’s good, but they requested too many documents and we only have 30 days. Police certificates take about a month in one of the countries he’s been in.
Yah I know , in my cas one of the country it took from me two months and half for PCC because I couldn’t travel there and I applied through the embassy , can you believe it :(