+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Is anyone applying in Quebec? My family and I were asked to submit additional documents including CSQ. The deadline is on january 20 and the CSQ isn’t processed yet

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Is anyone applying in Quebec? My family and I were asked to submit additional documents including CSQ. The deadline is on january 20 and the CSQ isn’t processed yet
you definitely have your own CSQ, for your family csq yes they are taking up to 3 months no problem you can sent a reply and inform them that it is in process and you will submit it once you received.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
you definitely have your own CSQ, for your family csq yes they are taking up to 3 months no problem you can sent a reply and inform them that it is in process and you will submit it once you received.
Yes I am a family member not the main applicant. When should we expect to get an invite for medicals?

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
the process is in the starting main application get the CSQ and at that time applicant mention the names of the family members. so while processing application IRCC contact applicant to submit the family CSQ, with that email you have to contact Certificat de selection du quebec and let them know that IRCC is asking for it so please issue it ASAP.
for the medical it depend case to case in some cases biometric and medical came togther in some cases when they are done with paper work they sent the request at the end.

Reactions: razrazanan

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
my husband applied permanent in July 2021 my husband is main applicant he got 2nd portal 10 jan 2024 and he send the photo ,
When does the process of processing my family outside of Canada begin and do they start requesting documents from them? When I contacted them, they said that their file begins with the letter G000, and what is the time period for obtaining a residence card now?

Homelonely

Jul 12, 2022
2023-12-14: I and my son both received same emails according to my son for his newly completed Forms Generic Application Form [IMM0008] - Schedule A [IMM5669] - Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562] - Additional Family Information [IMM5406] and Police Certificates, Passport Copies, and Birth Certificates (all his document already had been uploaded on 2022-11-16 ).

1. Hello. Just to ask. Did you have to resend all this documents since you said they had already been sent before?

2023-12-18: I received an email:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.......You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:...... Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly.

2. Have your dependents/overseas dependents received the checklist yet? Because in our case the principal applicant received a similar email since February 2023 yet the overseas dependents have not received any checklist. Thanks.

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
1. Hello. Just to ask. Did you have to resend all this documents since you said they had already been sent before? Yes, but just for my son.
2. Have your dependents/overseas dependents received the checklist yet? Because in our case the principal applicant received a similar email since February 2023 yet the overseas dependents have not received any checklist. Thanks. Yes he received a check list to send the needed documents. We (in Canad) also received a check list on 2023-05-25. My son was asked 6 month later. So there is a gap between.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homelonely

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
1. Hello. Just to ask. Did you have to resend all this documents since you said they had already been sent before? Yes, but just for my son.
2. Have your dependents/overseas dependents received the checklist yet? Because in our case the principal applicant received a similar email since February 2023 yet the overseas dependents have not received any checklist. Thanks. Yes he received a check list to send the needed documents.
Did he get medicals before the checklist?

Reactions: Homelonely