+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
so why does Accra take forever. I have been on my own for 45 months now PR application started in March 2021 for both main applicants and dependants outside Canada, Only Biometrics has been done. We did upfront medicals last year which has now expired. Why the long wait ?
March 2021 to now is 33 months. I suspect you wanted to say 2020. At 45 months, you’re almost there. You’ Soon hear from them.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Yes. Some countries are classified into the Pilot Program. South American countries are examples.
Yes but the applicant above said his family is in Singapore which i think is not included pilot. It all depends on the office where the file is being processed and some countries are faster than others

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
This was the last message I got from IRCC and that was in July 7 of 2023 how long will it take for me to get a response ont he next step
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.
  • · If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
  • · If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.
While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

For more information, we suggest consulting the following online services:

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Yes but the applicant above said his family is in Singapore which i think is not included pilot. It all depends on the office where the file is being processed and some countries are faster than others
No,my family does live in South Asian Country, and her visa processing center is Singapore Office. There are some different documents i had placed when i submit my PR application. Also my wifes high skilled background, might help in this regard. They asked for more documents in two different mail, we delayed for 25 days each times, otherwise, it could be completed within 3 month instead of 5 month. The pace is like this, we submitted one document, they replied the next day. Eventually she got her pre arrival before her medical.

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
Here is my time line.
2022-11-16: PR application submitted through PR Portal, for me as main applicant; I added: my wife, and two kids ,11 and 6 years old (all in Toronto), and my other son who lives in Iran but his age at that time was 25. I asked them to consider my 25 years child as a dependent child (well documented).
2023-05-25: I received a letter as an email with G000… file number that asked for recompleting the Schedule A form for me and my wife. In addition, they asked for a Police Certificate from a country other than my original country.
2023-05-25: AOR
2023-06-29:
After 2 days of challenging, I could connect the application to GCkey Account. The account shows me, my wife and two children with us in Canada but nothing from the 26 years old son.
2023-12-08: I received Invitation to Pre-arrival services in my GCKey account (useless).
2023-12-11: Finally, and surprisingly, my son in Iran received an email as Medical Examination Instructions with a separate G000 file number.
2023-12-14:
Medical Examination done.
2023-12-14: I and my son both received same emails according to my son for his newly completed Forms Generic Application Form [IMM0008] - Schedule A [IMM5669] - Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562] - Additional Family Information [IMM5406] and Police Certificates, Passport Copies, and Birth Certificates (all his document already had been uploaded on 2022-11-16 ).
2023-12-18: I received an email:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements. You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:...... Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homelonely

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Here is my time line.
2022-11-16: PR application submitted through PR Portal, for me as main applicant; I added: my wife, and two kids ,11 and 6 years old (all in Toronto), and my other son who lives in Iran but his age at that time was 25. I asked them to consider my 25 years child as a dependent child (well documented).
2023-05-25: I received a letter as an email with G000… file number that asked for recompleting the Schedule A form for me and my wife. In addition, they asked for a Police Certificate from a country other than my original country.
2023-05-25: AOR
2023-06-29:
After 2 days of challenging, I could connect the application to GCkey Account. The account shows me, my wife and two children with us in Canada but nothing from the 26 years old son.
2023-12-08: I received Invitation to Pre-arrival services in my GCKey account (useless).
2023-12-11: Finally, and surprisingly, my son in Iran received an email as Medical Examination Instructions.
2023-12-14:
Medical Examination done.
2023-12-14: I and my son both received same emails according to my son for Newly completed Forms Generic Application Form [IMM0008] - Schedule A [IMM5669] - Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562] - Additional Family Information [IMM5406] and Police Certificates, Passport Copies, and Birth Certificates (all already had been uploaded on 2022-11-16 ).
2023-12-18: I received an email:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements. You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:...... Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly.
Regarding Your 26 years son, it is clearly written in PR rules that 22 and over ages dependant could be admissble if they are mentally and economically dependent on their parents.
But Medical Examination is necessary for accomoanied or non accompanied family members.
I had gone through this scenario, so i know this situation very well.

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
What do you mean exactly? You mean medical examination, submitting forms and documents are just because he is a family member? And not his PR processing?

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
Yes I know the rules and for sure I know that he couldn't be included in my PR application but I included him in my PR application along with a special request and some supportive letters and documents and asked IRCC to accept my request not as a dependent child but under another category. The point is lock-in date. When I submitted my refugee claim, I included him in forms (At that time 22 years and three month) but he was not included in my refugee claim. IRCC accepted my request but intended him as my dependent child and I had to pay another $155. It is true that his age was 25 when I applied for PR but the IRCC rules say that the age of overseas child should be determined as lock in date and the lock in date is the date that I submitted the refugee claim and not the PR application. So my son just was 4 month over the age. I asked IRCC to consider him in another class but they added him as dependent child with separate application number.

Last edited:

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Yes I know the rules and for sure I know that he couldn't be included in my PR application but I included him in my PR application along with a special request and some supportive letters and documents and asked IRCC to accept my request not as a dependent child but under another category. The point is lock-in date. When I submitted my refugee claim, I included him in forms (At that time 22 years and three month) but he was not included in my refugee claim. IRCC accepted my request but intended him as my dependent child and I had to pay another $155. It is true that his age was 25 when I applied for PR but the IRCC rules say that the age of overseas child should be determined as lock in date and the lock in date is the date that I submitted the refugee claim and not the PR application. So my son just was 4 month over the age. I asked IRCC to consider him in another class but they added him as dependent child with separate application number.
The positive thing is we are in Family Class group for Protected person and refusal is bit tough.in this catagory refusal is "if not a family member". 22 years over is a question of Eligibility.
This is the place where an officer determination is very important. I pray and Hope, you should successful in every regard.
Please go through this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions.html#refusal

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
An officer must make a decision on all sponsorship applications as to whether the person being sponsored is a member of the family class. After determining that an applicant is a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, the processing office conducts medical, criminal and security examinations to determine if the applicant and all family members, whether seeking permanent residence or not, are admissible.

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
The positive thing is we are in Family Class group for Protected person and refusal is bit tough.in this catagory refusal is "if not a family member". 22 years over is a question of Eligibility.
This is the place where an officer determination is very important. I pray and Hope, you should successful in every regard.
Please go through this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions.html#refusal
Hi there,
I don't agree with you!
1- Their case is refugee and it is not Family class. the above link is for Family class.
2- Their Son has received a G number and again it is strong indication that he has a separate file while it is connected to the rest of the family and will continue processing in parallel!
3- I am pretty sure that IRCC would have sent them a long letter to refuse their son's application. It has mentioned in your above linked and it is a standard rule for office to follow when refusing the dependent PR application as my friend received it for their 25 years old daughter.

Best wishes for @ShayanG

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Every body Could you please share your dependent time line ?
Our application pr online submitted march 11, 2023
No news after that