+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
My husband received a permanent residence portal invitation and we submitted our file together in July 2021. I, his wife, and I have a child outside Canada. What are the next steps after making the decision for my husband? What are the next steps? Will they open my file? We follow the France office.
Expect to receive an additional information email soon

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Thanks To Almighty Allah.

Journey To Canada :

Refugee Applicant: Feb 2020 ( Main Applicant)
Included in Pilot Project : June 2020 (ICAC)
Short Hearing: July 2021
Accepted On Table on same day.
NOD : August 2021
PR application : Sep 2021 ( Main ,Overseas Spouse & Dependents)
PR recieved : July 2023 ( Main Applicant)
Spouse & dependent File sent to Singapore: July 2023
Additional documents, Interview ,Medical & Finger print : July to November 2023
PPR for Spouse & Dependents: November 2023

Overseas Visa Office : Singapore
** I never had any attorney to assist me in any process. From BOC to Spousal PPR, everything done by my self. Even at my hearing, i represent my self alone.
But in every process, i took help from this Forum. Gratitude **

Total Journey of 46 Month.

Thanks to Canada ,The nicest Country and its People.
Congrats for you and your family.

just as a curiosity when you receive PPR what dos it says? What are the next steps? Thanks

Reactions: Lofftyloveth

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Congrats for you and your family.

just as a curiosity when you receive PPR what dos it says? What are the next steps? Thanks
PPR is passport request, it takes 7/10 days to be stamped on it. Spousal got PPR request just after 5 month from the mail applicant got his PR.
Singapore is very fast.

Reactions: ref19to22

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
PPR is passport request, it takes 7/10 days to be stamped on it. Spousal got PPR request just after 5 month from the mail applicant got his PR.
Singapore is very fast.
Thank you, just to clarify PPR is passport request, so you send the passport and they stamp visa so they can travel to canada right? Do they give you a deadline to submit the passport and deadline to come to canada? or can be done any time after stamped.
Thanks

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Thank you, just to clarify PPR is passport request, so you send the passport and they stamp visa so they can travel to canada right? Do they give you a deadline to submit the passport and deadline to come to canada? or can be done any time after stamped.
Thanks
Passport deposit deadline 60days from the decision letter and no bar to come to canada. They can come to canada any time according to the visa validity

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Singapore is very fast.
When did you send them your additional information? My father got PR decision but for quebec we need more documents so it’s slowing down the process

Reactions: Cilacanada

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
When did you send them your additional information? My father got PR decision but for quebec we need more documents so it’s slowing down the process
Ready my comment at the First. My overseas Got PPR just after 5 month of My PR.
Between this 5 month, additional documents,medical, biometric, interview was done.

Reactions: razrazanan

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Between this 5 month, additional documents,medical, biometric, interview was done.
Can I ask you when them starting processing file the spouse outside canada when you get pr card or when you received the the decision made ?
Congratulations

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Can I ask you when them starting processing file the spouse outside canada when you get pr card or when you received the the decision made ?
Congratulations
Pr journey for Main and overseas family started at the same time where main applicant got his PR at 18 month and overseas families got it at 23 month.
Family file sent to singapore office after the main applicant got his COPR that means technically overseas family's professing begins after the 18th month but i guess its not the math.in Canada office must did the primary work from the day one and singapore office just did the finishing Touch.
I must say my family was very lucky because their file must be handled by a generous and kind officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cilacanada

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Pr journey for Main and overseas family started at the same time where main applicant got his PR at 18 month and overseas families got it at 23 month.
Family file sent to singapore office after the main applicant got his COPR that means technically overseas family's professing begins after the 18th month but i guess its not the math.in Canada office must did the primary work from the day one and singapore office just did the finishing Touch.
I must say my family was very lucky because their file must be handled by a generous and kind officer.

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
so why does Accra take forever. I have been on my own for 45 months now PR application started in March 2021 for both main applicants and dependants outside Canada, Only Biometrics has been done. We did upfront medicals last year which has now expired. Why the long wait ?

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
so why does Accra take forever. I have been on my own for 45 months now PR application started in March 2021 for both main applicants and dependants outside Canada, Only Biometrics has been done. We did upfront medicals last year which has now expired. Why the long wait ?
What is time line exactly? Did you got Your PR yet? As you are the main applicant, you should be qualified as a PR first, then your spouse file will be sent to correspendent office. So far i knew from this forum, African region visa processing is relatively slower than Singapore office. It might be for many reasons. A pile of application, shortage of processing officer etc might be the reason for delaying. But if you got your PR in IPP or any special project, things could be done in a shorter period

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
What is time line exactly? Did you got Your PR yet? As you are the main applicant, you should be qualified as a PR first, then your spouse file will be sent to correspendent office. So far i knew from this forum, African region visa processing is relatively slower than Singapore office. It might be for many reasons. A pile of application, shortage of processing officer etc might be the reason for delaying. But if you got your PR in IPP or any special project, things could be done in a shorter period
I am not the main applicant I am the spouse of the main applicant. My husband got his PR since 2021 after which our file was sent to Acccra Ghana. All these processes started 45months ago.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I guess you and your family were in the Pilot Program. The speed of processing is different from what we have witnessed here.