+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Oluwabb

Jan 18, 2023
In the principal applicant PPR letter,does it state "you and your accompanying family"?
Hi guys. If the main applicant obtained PR and the dependents got police certificate request , what steps are remaining? How long does it usually take after submitting PCC?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
In the principal applicant PPR letter,does it state "you and your accompanying family"?
I have no way to know since I don’t have access to the application, it’s the lawyer who is taking care of it. But I received an email from my country’s embassy requesting additional info right after my father got his decision for PR

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Hello Carlos,

first we were asked to submit the checklist with the schedule A, IMM0008, and the form for family members. Then they asked for the fingerprints and criminal records from our contry.

In another communication they asked for proof of relationship as per pictures, conversations and letters along the medical exam.

that was on May, 2023, Since then completely silence. Aparently the file is completed waiting for decision made but i dont know whats happening.
Hello @Angel1489, please what documents were required for your overseas dependant? Hola Angel, por favor luego de la elibilidad que documentos te pidieron para tu esposa en Mexico. Mi esposa esta en Mexico esperando tambien, pero no estamos por el pilot. Gracias de antemano.

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello Carlos,

first we were asked to submit the checklist with the schedule A, IMM0008, and the form for family members. Then they asked for the fingerprints and criminal records from our contry.

In another communication they asked for proof of relationship as per pictures, conversations and letters along the medical exam.

that was on May, 2023, Since then completely silence. Aparently the file is completed waiting for decision made but i dont know whats happening.
Hello Angel1489, Thanks a lot for reply. You are almost done!!! I am sure you are going to be with your wife soon.

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Hello Angel1489, Thanks a lot for reply. You are almost done!!! I am sure you are going to be with your wife soon.
Thank you @Carlos Hernandez I hope you and your family get reunited soon as well. Its very frustrating cuz i dont know about your application status but for my wife everything is completed and passed, all the assessments, eligibility completed, but not decision made yet. Every time i call them they say its waiting for decision of the office and for now the timline for family overseas is 48 months so they cannot do anything to rush the officer until the 48 months passes. So, doesn’t make sense if the application is already completed why to rely on those 48 month if can be completed now. But hopefully the officer takes decision before that time.

Reactions: Carlos Hernandez

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Thanks To Almighty Allah.

Journey To Canada :

Refugee Applicant: Feb 2020 ( Main Applicant)
Included in Pilot Project : June 2020 (ICAC)
Short Hearing: July 2021
Accepted On Table on same day.
NOD : August 2021
PR application : Sep 2021 ( Main ,Overseas Spouse & Dependents)
PR recieved : July 2023 ( Main Applicant)
Spouse & dependent File sent to Singapore: July 2023
Additional documents, Interview ,Medical & Finger print : July to November 2023
PPR for Spouse & Dependents: November 2023

Overseas Visa Office : Singapore
** I never had any attorney to assist me in any process. From BOC to Spousal PPR, everything done by my self. Even at my hearing, i represent my self alone.
But in every process, i took help from this Forum. Gratitude **

Total Journey of 46 Month.

Thanks to Canada ,The nicest Country and its People.

Last edited:

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020

Journey To Canada :

** I never had any attorney to assist me in any process. From BOC to Spousal PPR, everything done by my self. Even at my hearing, i represent my self alone.

@skyisthelimitbd, congratulations!!!
I am really happy for you and your family.

Reactions: skyisthelimitbd

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023

Journey To Canada :

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023

Journey To Canada :

Congratulations! May I ask you what province did you apply from?

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
My husband received a permanent residence portal invitation and we submitted our file together in July 2021. I, his wife, and I have a child outside Canada. What are the next steps after making the decision for my husband? What are the next steps? Will they open my file? We follow the France office.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
My husband received a permanent residence portal invitation and we submitted our file together in July 2021. I, his wife, and I have a child outside Canada. What are the next steps after making the decision for my husband? What are the next steps? Will they open my file? We follow the France office.
First, Your Husband has to get COPR.
Then you will get a mail from France High Commision.
Processing depends on case to case.
Normally they will ask for related documents.
It could be any documents.
If they think they will interview you, they can invite you for interview.
If they satisfied with everything
Then later process is Medical and Fingerprint.
Some high commision asked for medical first, some not. Depends on the consular officer.
Now the main question is not every overseas office maintain the same time limit.
So for France office, search in this forum, writting FRANCE in the search box.
Chq threads and everything. Then you will understand what is the time likely France consulate took.

Reactions: Cilacanada

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
First, Your Husband has to get COPR.
Then you will get a mail from France High Commision.
Processing depends on case to case.
Normally they will ask for related documents.
It could be any documents.
If they think they will interview you, they can invite you for interview.
If they satisfied with everything
Then later process is Medical and Fingerprint.
Some high commision asked for medical first, some not. Depends on the consular officer.
Now the main question is not every overseas office maintain the same time limit.
So for France office, search in this forum, writting FRANCE in the search box.
Chq threads and everything. Then you will understand what is the time likely France consulate took.
Should he obtain a residence card or obtain a link to upload a photo and data to start in my file? Thank you very much for your response